Euro 2021 Thread

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
weasel said:
peekaygee73 said:
few people remember how entertaining the winners of previous tournaments were

While I take your point, I think we all remember who woefully dull Greece where in '04.
:lol: :lol: I only saw a few of their matches but they were shocking. I still believe most football fans wouldn't remember that though.

Do many people remember how bad the 1990 final was? Argentina got to the final having only scored 5 goals in the entire tournament. They didn't score a goal in the final (first team ever not to do so), and despite dominating play Germany struggled to create goalscoring opportunities. The only goal in the game came from a penalty.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
weasel said:
peekaygee73 said:
few people remember how entertaining the winners of previous tournaments were

While I take your point, I think we all remember who woefully dull Greece where in '04.
:lol: :lol: I only saw a few of their matches but they were shocking. I still believe most football fans wouldn't remember that though.

Do many people remember how bad the 1990 final was? Argentina got to the final having only scored 5 goals in the entire tournament. They didn't score a goal in the final (first team ever not to do so), and despite dominating play Germany struggled to create goalscoring opportunities. The only goal in the game came from a penalty.

That West Germany team was quality though, Argentina had two players sent off and literally kicked the Germans about for 90 minutes.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Italia 90 was the first tournament I really remember nothing before,west Germany did have a good side. England had a good side also Gazza platt lineker. Never did complete the panini sticker book tho.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
Italia 90 was the first tournament I really remember nothing before,west Germany did have a good side. England had a good side also Gazza platt lineker. Never did complete the panini sticker book tho.

Yeah best England side I can remember, I didn't get close to completing the Panini album! lol

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
DarthHamblin said:

Yeah best England side I can remember, I didn't get close to completing the Panini album! lol

Yeah that was a good side, and really good to watch also it was a team to get excited about. Let's hope tonight's game will be good for England of course 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Exciting tonight, looking forward to it now! Can't believe Grealish is not starting by far our best player up until now. If England lose tonight I'm never watching them again!

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
They have said all week Mount will start, we will probably see freakish for twenty minutes or so mate.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Can't wait for Wednesday now, after that display last night
I think everyone's believing we can do it. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I won't beleive until were 3-0 up in the final with 2 minutes to go. lol Ukraine are a poor side and so are Denmark. Personally think Germany are poor as well. If Spain manage to knock out Italy then I will fancy England's chances. Home advanatage can't be ignored, Italy are really at it though, they will certainly be a test for England.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yeah Italy do look good, I'm hoping Spain take them into extra time if they can't beat them at least. Should be good though in front of 60,000 fans for both the semi and the final. Certainly looking forward to it 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I said Italy before kick off but I reckon Spain on pens, not sure how you can predict that though.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The best team won, but **** me that was NEVER a penalty.
it was a shame that a good game was ruined by that, although as I am the only non English person in this thread, I suspect I am the only person who cares. Lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it was a typical nervy England performance and can't argue that the penalty was soft, but I think we just edged it. And considering in recent years we have been knocked out due to things like the ball going three feet over the line without any officials seeing it, I'll take it!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, that Lampard one was a joke.
I was looking forward to pens lol. Like I said though, England were the better side and did deserve it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom