Euro 2021 Thread

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cricky…what a night….I'm not sure that I can watch on Sunday if it's the same/normal England edgy performance.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Cricky…what a night….I'm not sure that I can watch on Sunday if it's the same/normal England edgy performance.
Yes England are going to have to up their game against Italy, last night's performance won't cut it

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I didn't see the laser incident last night, that's shocking. How unbelievably stupid are some people? Hopefully should be easy enough to find who it was. Surely they do searches for things like that?

And it was also disappointing to hear the booing during the Dutch national anthem, I love football but can't stand most of the yobs who ruin games.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I didn't see the laser incident last night, that's shocking. How unbelievably stupid are some people? Hopefully should be easy enough to find who it was. Surely they do searches for things like that?

And it was also disappointing to hear the booing during the Dutch national anthem, I love football but can't stand most of the yobs who ruin games.

Danish ;-)

peekaygee73

Sith Lord

Yeah, both those are an absolute disgrace. I really, really hope they get hold of whoever did the laser pen thing.

I just don't get the booing of the anthems, it makes us look like a country of xenophobic pricks.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So the big day has arrived, the first time England have been in a final in my lifetime. Whatever the result I just hope for a decent game and we don't get spanked, or lose to some silly penalty.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes agreed, 31 year wait is over for me, I never thought it would happen. 1-1 after 90 minutes and then who knows is my prediction.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What a disappointment, absolutely gutted. If you've ever wondered, this is how it feels to be a Spurs fan. So near yet so far on every occasion. In some ways it would be better to never have success in touching distance.

We were great in the first half, an early goal and totally comfortable. Then for some reason completely switched off in the second half. Better in extra time, but you just knew penalties were coming and what the outcome would be.

I have to say for all his great work during the tournament, Southgate got the penalties so wrong. Saka had been useless the whole time he was on in this match, he should not have taken one on that form. And as good as Sancho and Rashford usually are, how can it be a good idea to bring them on with one minute to go so practically their first touch of the ball was a penalty? It just made no sense, we had plenty of other competent penalty takers on the pitch. And don't get me started on those stupid stuttery run up penalties, they almost deserved to miss them. Just take a run up, put your foot through it and then at least you can say you tried your best rather then trying to be clever and failing.

I feel very sorry for Pickford saving two penalties and still losing, missing 3 out of 5 is totally unforgiveable.

And even more sad, how did I know this would be the headline this morning to wrap up a totally awful night:

lejackal

Grand Master
Heres my penalty thoughts from last night, pretty much what you said @edd_jedi
28A4EA4F-E052-4EC2-B674-062D638B05BA.jpeg
On the Saka front it's tough to make an imp when you're being kicked or indeed dragged off the park, who knows how this break would've ended?
83E6C068-CBF2-4A79-A525-D645DF55A65B.jpeg
As for the racist abuse it's disgusting and so sadly predictable.

I'm absolutely gutted, especially as it had just started to feel like mission possible. Role on Qatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom