face book group notifications turned off!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Mate, even better than that is unfollow.

You don't get anything from the group then, and only get to see the contents when you actually search and enter the group manually.

poncho

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
Mate, even better than that is unfollow.

You don't get anything from the group then, and only get to see the contents when you actually search and enter the group manually.
oooh good one

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've just discovered the mute for 30 days button, makes me wander why I sign in in the first place. Clicking it on every other post.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Couldn't agree more... all of them are unfollowed, but I do still have a weekly manual search of the 2-3 main ones that I still interact with.
Interesting to see that more recently there are some popping up that are now essentially just shops rather than true groups with only Admins selling...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I uninstalled Facebook from my Phone a couple of weeks ago, just have the Messenger app on there now. Surprisingly I've missed it less than I thought I would. I was wasting far too much time on there.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I deleted FB about a year ago (ok, I had to reactivate it to try and flog these LL's etc) and I didn't miss it in the slightest. It's more of a pain in the arse than you realise until you delete it.

subzero

Sith Lord
I tried requesting to join a couple of groups this year ( can't remember which ones ), waited 3 or 4 days with no response to my request, so I thought "well **** your **** group then"...... cancelled my request. :lol:

Just wanted to join out of interest to see what kinds of posts were going on there so I could browse at some vintage ( as you do ), but maybe it's for the best.

Facebook is cancer!

MarkG

Jedi Master
I've turned off notifications on most groups now apart from 2.

Still get the others popping up on my feed, so still get a good laugh when I see some of the prices people are asking for stuff... shame about the no bashing rules.. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom