Facebook problems

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I recently reactivated my FB account so I could sell a few things on one of the FB groups. A few of you may even have seen my listing before FB booted me. Anyway, 2 mins after I posted my listed I was logged out of FB, whilst chatting to someone on their messenger. I was then told to reset my password. I did this only to be told my account was "temporarily suspended due to suspicious activity". I assume reactivating an account, last week, and listing something for sale today have tripped some filter and I gt hoofed off.

Problem is it wants me to prove who I am. Easy, they give you some pictures of friends and a selection of names to pick from. I did this (twice) and am 100% sure I got all of them correct. It then tells me that is not enough to confirm my ID. It asks me to either confirm my D.O.B or to send them some photographic ID. Now I would sooner stick my cock in a blender and turn it on than give FB ANY of my personal info. So the photo ID thing is a complete non starter. The problem is, originally, my FB account was st up by an ex-gf, who must not have known my D.O.B as when I entered my correct D.O.B it told me it was incorrect.

That leaves me stuck. I have had a look for a phone number, email address or live chat thingy but FB don't seem to have any method of contacting them. And to report a problem it asks me to log in!? :roll: So, to report a problem logging in they ask you to ....log in! You couldn't make this **** up.

End result, one "Temporarily locked account" and no way of unlocking it or contacting FB to tell them they are ****ing morons.
Safe to say if/when I get my FB account fixed and these things sold I will be permanently deleting FB.

lejackal

Grand Master
If it helps I can advertise them for you? Or alternatively can you just set up anew account with another email address?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers. I will wait and see how long FB take to fix/un-suspend my account.

Just ****ed off that they booted me for no reason, I have sold stuff in that group before so hardly a new one, and the only way to speak to them about log in issues is to log in and complain. Even Ebay have a phone number you can call.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry yo hear this, crap happens with FB...
I too would dump the existing account, especially as you didn't set it up, and open a new one with another email address.
That wat you have total control over what information they have on you.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm presuming you would rather stick your cock in a blender and turn it as it would be miles away from the bottom?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
I'm presuming you would rather stick your cock in a blender and turn it as it would be miles away from the bottom?
:oops: :oops:

On a 12 inch blender it be 11 and 3/4 inches away from the blades.....on a good day :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
theforceuk said:
:oops: :oops:

On a 12 inch blender it be 11 and 3/4 inches away from the blades.....on a good day :wink:

Bloody hell! :eek:

Lets pretend we never had this conversation. :oops: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Have you sorted your account out?

All they want now is photo ID. Ignoring the fact i'm not trusting FB with a copy of my photo ID, the DOB on it obviously won't match the DOB on my profile so it's not even going to solve the problem. And there is no way to contact FB, unless you log in which is impossible while your account is frozen. :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
theforceuk said:
Have you sorted your account out?

All they want now is photo ID. Ignoring the fact i'm not trusting FB with a copy of my photo ID, the DOB on it obviously won't match the DOB on my profile so it's not even going to solve the problem. And there is no way to contact FB, unless you log in which is impossible while your account is frozen. :roll:

Joke they are, can't you just open another account?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that. A bit annoying as all I want to do is flog a few things then delete FB once and for all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom