Fake hardcopy prototypes discovered.

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
No worries Nick! 8)

As others have said,there possibly is some history between Todd & Bill,judging by their responses!

I just thought it didn't do us as a forum any favours when a well known member of the community joins up & gets some abuse straight away!

Mark.

Josh

Sith Lord
No! John A bagging was going on before he arrived...when he got here it stopped ;)

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:shock: whoooooaaaah

I have been collecting for just over 6 months , and although I have learned a lot but all this fake/proto/touch up stuff is interesting but sad.

I can understand that some shoegazer on eBay might hack a Ben cape and mash it onto the wrong jawa and post it for sale with RARE l@@k and all that crap.
But for collector that everyone knows and respects is really freaky,
Itt is really a small community so how can folks get away with this???

I have been only buying and will probably not get into selling , but also this has also shown me to avoid prototypes and uber rare stuff, because when the experts rip you off , well then who can you trust.???

But the folks on here seem to cool enough and as it's even smaller community than rs it meansits a lot eeasier to deal safely here

Cheers Steve

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
There is no history between us. I wouldn't have made any remarks to Bill if I would not have been called "Obtuse". Just because you are a respected member of the community (RS MostlY) does not give you the right to come here and insult anyones opinion, weather it is mine or anyone elses. As to my comment Mr. Mcbride...I will give you a little info. I have been collecting vintage Star Wars for over 20 years and while I respect and learn new things from all collectors (Weather they have been collecting for six months or 30 years) I do not respect your attempt at insulting me or coming on here talking like you are the self appointed leader of the vintage collecting movement. You came on here acting like your words of wisdom were golden and coming across as condescending to all the people on this forum. I have learned things from these guys and some of them have been collecting for only months...so get off your ****ing high horse. As fars as my staement which you called "Obtuse"...I will let you in on a little more info about me. I am a former scammer. I have been in the manufacturing of plastics for decades and I am a degreed Manufacturing engineer in plastics and have a vast tool and die background. To make a long story short when I was younger I used to sell some"Said" Prototype on ebay and sold to several happy customer's....so Maybe 50% is obtuse but I assure you some of my flawless creations rest in collections and people are happy and unaware. With thats said, If you would have just merely said "Where do you come up with a number of 50%???" I would have been quite more civilized...but because you are the self appointed end all to all the question in vintage collecting...I had to approach this differently.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Sadly, people like you do nothing but confuse the issues at hand, and really have nothing constructive to offer the hobby. So from that perspective I feel sorry for someone like you who really has no ability, or aspirations to be anything more than what you are. You have no desire to learn, or educate yourself, so at some point you really have to ask yourself why you have such self-loathing that you spend so much time being so negative, and really are just taking up space.

Four total posts on our Forum and you already know everything about me. You are awesome...not only do you know more than anyone on vintage collecting....**** you know everything about me. I guess I have no aspirations.....**** do you read palms???...come on tell me my future oh god-like collector of the vintage realm. :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

Joe

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
I am a former scammer. I have been in the manufacturing of plastics for decades and I am a degreed Manufacturing engineer in plastics and have a vast tool and die background. To make a long story short when I was younger I used to sell some"Said" Prototype on ebay and sold to several happy customer's....so Maybe 50% is obtuse but I assure you some of my flawless creations rest in collections and people are happy and unaware. With thats said, If you would have just merely said "Where do you come up with a number of 50%???" I would have been quite more civilized...but because you are the self appointed end all to all the question in vintage collecting...I had to approach this differently.

Jesus, who ISN'T a ****ing scammer these days, anyone else wanna come forward? :? :?

I dunno what to say to the above really, thats a big statement to make. You gonna start pumping out a list of pieces you have reproduced in the past, tracking down the buyers and issuing refunds now or was it just a story to rile up Bill?

I wish I had taken up fishing sometimes I swear to god.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
No...These scams were done years ago (Like over 12 years ago and I no longer do this sort of thing for general public sales) and I never kept a list of buyers.. At any rate I think you missed the point of why this guy pissed me off.

Joe

Grand Master
I don't care if you hate Bill or Bill hates you tbh lol

Just responding to another "forum revelation"

Give in though, I think I am gonna sell up and buy some ****ing Lego instead.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Joe said:
I don't care if you hate Bill or Bill hates you tbh lol

Just responding to another "forum revelation"

Give in though, I think I am gonna sell up and buy some ****ing Lego instead.

There is a statement I can respect. But don't quit collecting...just stay away from things that are to good to be true.

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:| ok i am now massively confused,,???

i have read all (as much as i could before i went nuts) of the billyboy/wolfie/han duo threads and yeah it seems that scams affect the rarer/more expensive end of the hobby.??

But tiefighterboy?? why would you own up now ?? especially as everyone is baying for blood of scammers right now. :shock:

yeah maybe you got into this hobby in a les than honorable way, but judging by your showcase you certainly know your stuff,,,and everyone on here seems to value your advice and trust you?

so again why??

and joe,,,,,dont go get lego, anything but lego :lol:

thank god my full beater collection is rolling along nicely :D :D :D

all my figures are common and in need of touch ups :)

i am off to go ww kayaking :mrgreen:

Bill McBride

Padawan
Out of respect for a few members here, I will at least make some sort of clarity on the issue. New members/people can be taken the wrong way,
and not everyone knows me. That's fine, so let me try this again:

The picture, which I removed, was taken from the "Payback" threads on RS. It was my (our) intent to show other collectors that while
the situation is bad, we need to remain objective (as possible), and to show the majority of pieces out there are authentic. My original
post, which pre-dates my posts here, can be read at this link:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfl...ge=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#4346793
My intent was certainly not to "brag" or "boast" in any way. You can actually see most of these pieces on my site, which has been around for
some time: http://www.sithtoys.com

I certainly have a sense of humor, and I can roll with the punches with anyone; but coming here to be helpful and being met with tieboy's inane remarks, and being called a "twat" off hand doesn't really encourage me to be a regular participant. (Yes, it's offensive) I can assure you, I don't think it's highly likely anyone would say "**** Off" to me in person.

Todd/Tieboy ... no, we have never spoke, but I'm well aware of your activities in the past. Having said that, I think you need to actually read what I said "That's a fairly obtuse STATEMENT". For the sake of clarity: ("Ob-tuse - adjective - "not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.")
Your STATEMENT was certainly "obtuse". (ie. I wasn't calling you personally obtuse); "50% of the stuff out there was made in people's shops".

I wasn't going to point out your scammer past, but since you saved me the trouble, it makes my remarks a little more relevant, don't you think ? :D (I like your little " :twisted: " they are cute)
I stand by what I said before; I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea of someone who has so much loathing, and negativity for the hobby, and yet they still collect. Call me crazy, but I think I would have found something else by now that actually makes me happy, and something I can be positive about. I've been collecting Darth Vader for quite a while, and it *still* makes me happy and I *still* have a genuine passion for the hobby.

To anyone else who took this the wrong way, I certainly apologize. My intent was to offer assistance, in both information and financially to anyone who is being effected by this situation. I am not involved with this person directly, but several of my friends are, so I feel obligated to help in any way
I possibly can. I certainly don't "know everything" about vintage collecting, or even my own personal area of focus. I do however think that spending 15+ years of collecting Darth Vader can be of benefit. So apologies if people see this as some sort of personal grandstanding, or snobbish behavior.
Perhaps the simple idea of someone just trying to help the situation, for the sake of being nice, it too much for some people to understand.

Bill

~ If anyone has any concerns, or does need information about pieces that could be potential issues, please feel free to email me at any time
([email protected]). If I can't help you, I can point you to someone who can.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
I am a former scammer. I have been in the manufacturing of plastics for decades and I am a degreed Manufacturing engineer in plastics and have a vast tool and die background. To make a long story short when I was younger I used to sell some"Said" Prototype on ebay and sold to several happy customer's....so Maybe 50% is obtuse but I assure you some of my flawless creations rest in collections and people are happy and unaware. With thats said, If you would have just merely said "Where do you come up with a number of 50%???" I would have been quite more civilized...but because you are the self appointed end all to all the question in vintage collecting...I had to approach this differently.

Todd you sound like your proud that your creations fooled people and not genuinely sorry for ripping so many people off! Its almost like your bragging about it.

(Lets see if you get the hair dryer treatment off old joshy boy)

Bill you came to this forum to help out and got **** for it its a disgrace.

Whats the hobby coming to really?

Weasel i think what you have said in this thread and the Wolff thread has been spot on mate.

Jay

spoons

Grand Master
jaymassive619 said:

Jay

Jay please don't start another 'forum' contest - Bill came here and got abused, which is out of order - but surely that's down to individuals rather than 'forums'

By the look of things Bill can handle himself and he's welcome to stick around

Bill McBride

Padawan
jaymassive619 said:
Weasel i think what you have said in this thread and the Wolff thread has been spot on mate.
Jay

Jay, no harm done, or taken. Like I said, some of you know me, some of you don't, so I apologized under the premise
that people did take this the wrong way, and wanted to clarify my intent with everyone. I would very much like to be
an active member of the community here, and as you can see from my interests, I have a true passion for non US/Kenner
pieces. I hope that I can learn more about these items from the people who grew up with these and have first hand
knowledge.

I think there are certainly some negative elements in the hobby, issues we see daily and more serious issues over the HC's.
However, I want to let people know that there are positives out there that certainly add a sense of balance to the negatives.
A lot of the information that is coming to light over the HC's is helpful, but there are several pieces which aren't accounted for;
specifically anyone who attended CV, or purchased things directly from Scott that are *not* collectors from the US.

With any hobby, you are going have to people that are scammers, and rip people off. Ultimately, we will come away from this more
knowledgeable, more careful, and better off. I am also truly sorry for anyone involved, but please know that there are some good
people out there who are doing everything possible to help this situation.

Bill

~ Todd, I certainly appreciate the esteem of being the source of your new sig line, but just a little "helpful" info: it's really not a compliment to you ;)
However, I do appreciate you posting some info for my new sig. So I thank you for that :lol:

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
spoons said:
jaymassive619 said:

Jay

Jay please don't start another 'forum' contest - Bill came here and got abused, which is out of order - but surely that's down to individuals rather than 'forums'

By the look of things Bill can handle himself and he's welcome to stick around

Fair point Andy its down to individuals not forums 100% my comment was regarding the abuse nothing else though so please dont take my language out of context it certainly wasnt intended the way you have interpreted it. If you check Marks post at the top of Page 3 he said pretty much the same thing as me im sure also like me all he meant the abuse was out of order and wasn't pertaining to some sort of forum contest.

Out of all of the recents developments in this thread though im suprised you picked this pretty mute point to quote surely the fact that someone who is a long term member here has admitted to scaming collectors previously and seems to take level of pride in the fact that thier creations are sitting in various collections whilst the owners are blissfully unaware is a little bit more important.

It sounds like it was 12 years ago granted and it also means Todd could probably offer quite a bit of insight into spotting fakes today i would have probably viewed his post differently had he said i used to ....... however its something im not proud of etc etc

Jay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom