Gaming help please

lejackal

Grand Master
You'd think I'd be better off asking this on a gaming forum or interrogating Google and normally I'd agree but unfortunately I have tried both and can't seem to get anywhere :roll:

I have a bit of s thing for the Soul Blade/SoulCalibur series, particularly the Soul Calibur arcade port to the Dreamcast.

So far on Dreamcast I've got the Pal, NTSC and NTSCJ versions and was wondering if there are any others out there, special editions etc.

Thanks

Carl

Attachments

• DB644C0D-241B-46DE-BB07-24B456A941A9.jpeg
    DB644C0D-241B-46DE-BB07-24B456A941A9.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 72

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I'm not that knowledgeable about the Dreamcast Carl, but I remember playing this in the early 2000's? My sisters ex had one, we used to cain Hidden and Dangerous on it too. It is a great series, I loved Soulblade on the PS1 and then Soulcalibur. I always liked these kind of games since Mortal Combat and Street Fighter in the arcade in the 80's. Then we had Tekken which was good but quite slow. On Soulblade the gameplay was faster and it was much better. I'm often browsing video games, if I see any other versions of it I'll let you know.

lejackal

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
I'm not that knowledgeable about the Dreamcast Carl, but I remember playing this in the early 2000's? My sisters ex had one, we used to cain Hidden and Dangerous on it too. It is a great series, I loved Soulblade on the PS1 and then Soulcalibur. I always liked these kind of games since Mortal Combat and Street Fighter in the arcade in the 80's. Then we had Tekken which was good but quite slow. On Soulblade the gameplay was faster and it was much better. I'm often browsing video games, if I see any other versions of it I'll let you know.
Thanks Andy. It's absolutely head and shoulders above any other fighting game imho, I've loved it since playing it in the arcade aged 17/18 and from that it was a no brainer to get a Dreamcast when they ported it.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I can't help exactly with your question but I know there are special editions for one of the games (I think it's soul calibur 2)
These feature a bonus character depending on the console, the GameCube version has Link for instance.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
By the way, if you're into Dreamcast exclusive fighting games try Street Fighter 3 - 3rd strike.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is also excellent but was a multi platform release

lejackal

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
I can't help exactly with your question but I know there are special editions for one of the games (I think it's soul calibur 2)
These feature a bonus character depending on the console, the GameCube version has Link for instance.
Yep, I've got a couple of other titles in the series from the other platforms but nailing them all might be a big task. I'm looking forward to the PS3 version of SC4 arriving purely for the Mitsurugi v Vader cover

Attachments

• F7AF3F7C-65DD-4F1F-9E44-DAFE01A95BA6.jpeg
    F7AF3F7C-65DD-4F1F-9E44-DAFE01A95BA6.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 58

Robstyley

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Clarkspie&chips said:
Yep, I've got a couple of other titles in the series from the other platforms but nailing them all might be a big task. I'm looking forward to the PS3 version of SC4 arriving purely for the Mitsurugi v Vader cover

That's a great picture but Vaders sabre would cut that sword in half :p

lejackal

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
lejackal said:
Clarkspie&chips said:

That's a great picture but Vaders sabre would cut that sword in half :p
:shock: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom