General Euro 2012 Discussion Thread!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Last Footy Thread I think!

Thought the Russians where impressive last night. Although neither teams defending was great. (The Czechs simply could not get close to the russians on the Break!

The Polish Goalkeeper from Aresnal (Cant spell his ****in name! :p ) had a dire game. He didnt have to do a lot and what he did have to do he ****ed up!

As for the ref the less said the better I think :?

jackabina

Sith Lord
Not a great start from the dutch. Arsenal should cash in on Van Persie, he's crap! :lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Only saw bits of the games yesterday but I was surprised the Dutch lost. Looked like they missed a bucket load of chances. I still expect the, to get out of the group, but their game with the Portugese is now a winner takes all affair.

Szechney (the Arsenal keeper) was woeful. He reminded me of David James on a bad day.

Today's games should be interesting. Spain look tired but ad still a class outfit, Italy are pretty weak, ny their standards, but I could still see them causing Spain problems.
If Ireland have any illusions about getting out of the group they need to beat Croatia.

PS. My Czech's are just lulling everyone else into a false sense of security, you're gonna win their last two 50-0!

jackabina

Sith Lord
Spain are still awesome, but just like barca, teams have learnt how to play against them. They will be the best team to watch, but I don't see them winning it this time. Italy are poor, but tend to turn it on when it matters.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Agree with weasel, if Ireland hope to do anything they have to get a result today against Croatia, 'c'mon on the boys in green' :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Spain v Italy should be the best game of the tournament so far I'd guess......

Some win for Denmark yesterday, the Dutch wasted so many chances....unreal. Portugal looked pretty poor against the Germans I thought?

jackabina

Sith Lord
Spain Italy was a good game I think. Both teams played the best football so far. I feel a little sorry Torres, he does work very hard. Fair result probably.
Come on Ireland :twisted: :twisted:

steesh

Padawan
Couldn't believe Spain played with no strikers. Thought he would have given Llorente a run. Looked like they needed a focal point and Torres looked a bit rubbish when he came on.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
:cry: sore head today, very disappointing Irish performance, no midfield and I can't remember how many times they gave the ball away. Sad to say but I think thats it for us :? Spain and Italy to come........not lookin good

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, Ireland are out now.
You need a minimum of 4 points from Spain and Italy, and that just aint gonna happen!

They act played quite well after the 1st goal went in and until about 5-10 mins before the second goal. But some of the defending was terrible. They should have had a penalty and that second goal was offside. Don't give me any second phase BS, he was off-side when the ball came out, off-side when the shot was taken and off-side when it deflected off the Irish defender, in my book.............that's off-side!
Saying that, the Croats were the better side and deserved to win.

As for Spain and the no strikers thing. It was bizarre! Even when Torres came on they were playing with no strikers, but that's more cos he's playing like a retard!

England Fance today, who to cheer for!? Tough call!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Can't believe James McLean didn't start. He's pure quality. Exactly the kind of player you needed in your only winnable game. And taking off Robbie Keane was just insane. Tournament over i'm afraid. Largely due to your idiot manager.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Don't ****ing start me on James McClean! :twisted: :evil:

Born in Norn Iron, raised in Norn Iron, played under age level for Norn Iron and who does he go and play footy for.........................WANKER!

He played the religion card, and while I can understand where NI play their home games isn't the nicest part of Belfast, religion played NO part in his decision. He just thought he had more chance of playing in a major tournament with the ROI and shafted NI. Be a ****ing man, hold your hands up and be honest you wee toe rag!
Darron Gibson is another.

We don't have many good (ie mediocre) players and the ****ing last thing we need is that lot down south nicking those few semi decent ones that we do have!

Rant over.

jackabina

Sith Lord
Agreed. We had the same thing with Messi. He played in England more than once, and the bastard decided to go and play for Argentina................little prick :evil:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure what to make of that. England were pretty underwhelming I guess is the word. Very disciplined and workmanlike. Which, I guess is what Hodgson teams tend to be. Can't see there being many 6 goal thrillers while Hodgson is boss. Still you won't take many beatings either.

Strange, in that, if england can play like that against the other big sides I can see them frustrating them and maybe evening beating them. But I don't know how they will get on against the lesser lights (Ukraine and Sweden). I act think they will find it harder playing against Ukraine and Sweden than France. Especially when Rooney isn't available.

Ps, is there some rule that says France and Cabaye in particular can't be booked for breaking down play?

jackabina

Sith Lord
Considering what could have happened, I think that was a great result. Played more attacking football than expected. If the ref wasn't so one sided, they may have nicked something.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Ps, is there some rule that says France and Cabaye in particular can't be booked for breaking down play?[/quote]

Good solid performance I think with a good result to boot. The Sweden is the Game we are gonna struggle most without Rooney.

Re Refree. Yeh it took about 20 mins of the 2nd Half to give us a ****in decison as for Cabaye. He could have been given 4 yelow cards for professional fouls. Worst Ref performance of the tournmanent and not just Bias!

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
jackabina said:
Agreed. We had the same thing with Messi. He played in England more than once, and the bastard decided to go and play for Argentina................little prick :evil:
:lol: :lol:
Good result today for England I thought
The Sweden v Ukraine game is quite good at the minute :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom