General Mills ESB MOCs

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Is anybody here a bit of an expert on these? Thinking of them as a bit of a focus as they look great and there's a lot about in decent condition. A few questions:

1) Does anybody have a list (or can give me an idea) of which figures are available? Especially the first 12 - can they all be obtained on this card? I don't recall ever seeing a Luke.
2) Is there a well known 'original supplier' of these I could contact? There's obviously somebody with a stash of them based on the amount of graded ones floating about, but I don't want graded ones.
3) Is it just the German ones that are common?

Cheers!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Great :lol: OK mate cheers, I'll email him. Can anybody answer any of my other questions?

e30318is

Sith Lord
I am yet to see a Jawa on this card- maybe Graham can contribute as the Jawa king!

Joe

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
1) Does anybody have a list (or can give me an idea) of which figures are available? Especially the first 12 - can they all be obtained on this card? I don't recall ever seeing a Luke.

These have all been graded so it might not be definitive but it covers a lot of figures:

General Mills 45Backs:
2-1B
AT-AT Commander
AT-AT Driver
Ben
Both Bespin Guards
Bossk
C3P0 Rem limbs
Chewbacca
CCP
Darth Vader
FX-7
Han Solo original
Han Solo Bespin
Han Solo Hoth
IG-88
Leia Bespin
Leia Hoth
Power Droid
Leia Original
R2-D2 Sensorscope
Rebel Commander
Rebel Soldier
Stormtrooper
Yoda

ROTJ 45 Backs:
2-1B
CCP

Joe

Grand Master
BTW- As far as I can tell, in Germany although Parker bros were involved at various stages, the majority of the toys that were produced for Germany just took the General Mills name with no Licencee name on the front so technically all General mills cards are of German origin yes, if it's got no logo on the front but a Palitoy back then it's a Palitoy (the General Mills German figures have German text on the back)

spoons

Grand Master
A lot of these are common, but once again there a couple that are rare as hen's teeth making a complete set quite difficult to put together.

My run currently comprises 2 :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks Joe, useful! So it looks like I might have quite a task tracking down Luke, Jawa, Death Squad Commander, and Tusken Raider. It also seems that original 3PO and R2 don't exist. I've at least seen examples of the rest. Can anybody confirm existence of these?

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah it looks like mainly ESB figures and some reissues of the popular SW figures.

It makes sense really, they would have seen which figures were selling well and not bothered with the ones that weren't - and the ESB figures were all new at that time so they were all being made.

There's a graded Han original in the classifieds from rubberlike btw - :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom