Good Games You've Played Lately

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
One of the best games i've played in a while was Far Cry 3 - great game with a relatively long gameplay

If you haven't played then I also recommend Red Dead Redemption

Didn't mind Arkham City but after a while it just became pretty "samey"

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
Arkham City was good, story ark was a little short but the extras will keep you going for a while. Borderlands 2 was good fun but got canned when BLOPS2 came out which I got bored with after a week. Some nice new game modes though, might go back to it after a while. My bro is playing through XCOM for the second time this month. He was a massive fan of the originals though. Might give it a go if I can wrestle it out of his grasp! Incidentally its one of the only games that Yatzee didn't slate in his comedy stylee: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6468-XCOM-Enemy-Unknown

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Red Dead great game mate :) lego lord of the rings, myself and my daughter play that when we have time, tbh its the best lego game i have played good fun :D

jackabina

Sith Lord
I need help!. On Arkham Asylum, I dont know how to pull the big chandelier from the ceiling in the mansion.
Please games master, can you help me?

chiffy

Sith Lord
Red Dead was probably the greatest game i have ever played on the xbox. Still play on undead nightmare every now and again. Currently playing Black Ops 2 which is boring but decent when your on with ya mates, and Hitman Revelation i think is awesome but play it on a harder level than your used to as its wuite easy to run thru every level and when the point is stealth its kinda defeats the object. Anyone got a xbox live gamertag? Add me kick2kill2 and please put your forum name on the request as i get that many birds wanting to play webcam uno i dont accept all these strangers :lol:

steesh

Padawan
I have managed to get myself addicted to championship manager again (FM12). Sleep is suffering but Aberdeen now in champions league.....

chiffy

Sith Lord
Wowsers Steesh it's amazing what they can do in games nowadays :lol: Only joking m8 but saying that i can remember watching our lot beat you when you had Mike Newell playing up top :mrgreen:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Back to board and card games

Risk - love this game, I like to be 'red' and always hide the mission card that says 'destroy all red armies' so I stand a fighting chance of winning (not been caught out.....yet!)

Scrabble - I will win at this one day

Pointless board game - Played this at Christmas with the family, caused too many arguments so had to be put away before WW3 broke out :lol:

escapist

Jedi Knight
Black Mesa (a fan made remake of the first Half Life in the Source engine) was pretty darn good. I played through it a fair few times... And its totally free to download. www.blackmesasource.com

mallinthas

Padawan
EVE-Online

Stolen many years of my life but for anyone that remembers Elite and obviously likes sci fi...its a good fix.
Hard to get into but once your hooked...fear the darkside.

plantman

Sith Lord
Ive just completed Dishonoured on the xbox and it was pretty good, although i did use a save game editor to increase my bullet count :)

ive just bagged the new tomb raider and metal gear revengance so ill update when ive played an hour or so on those.

Andy

PGowdy

Grand Master
I thought Crysis 2 was great. I was sceptical going in having heard mixed reviews and having played so many average, predictable, repetitive and confusing (story wise) 1st person shooter games recently- Personally sick to death of the CoD now. But this was great. Relatively easy to follow :eek:, filled with original elements and game techniques and interesting varied levels and areas which you really had to think about how you wanted to approach- gung-ho, stealth, snipe. Great fun.
My only gripe would be a lack of extras, i.e something to do once you've finished the game. I don't play on-line so once i've finished the story that's it. This game could have benefitted from a couple of bonus games upon completion.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I can definitely recommend Dishonored too. Played it on the PC. Only time I ever finished a playthrough of a game twice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom