Hello everyone from a new member.

morrid12

Padawan
Hello,
I wanted to say hi after joining last week.
As a child I was totally captivated by the figures and their packaging which, for me anyway, has to be the most wonderful toy packaging ever.
Even now, as an old sod, I still think that they verge on being art pieces.
I still remember as a child the sheer awe of standing in a toy shop in Blackpool (wish I could remember it's name but it was just around the corner from the Tower/town centre and is long gone) staring at an entire wall full from floor to ceiling of row upon row of carded figures.
It was the most magical of sights and trying to choose just one of them to spend my hard saved holiday money on took me a long time.
I went for ESB carded Rebel Soldier in Hoth Battle Gear and it was out of it's bubble pack before I'd left the shop.

Although I stopped collecting long ago, my figures were saved and kept in my parents loft and at Christmas, for the first time in many years, I had a real urge to see them again.
The majority are ROTJ, with a small number of SW, ESB and Tri-logos too.
I don't have any "Holy Grails" but a good number are in pretty nice condition and it was lovely to see them again.
Not sure where this revisiting of my old collection will take me, if anywhere, but at the moment I feel like that kid, all of those years ago, in that shop in Blackpool, immersed in a feeling of absolute magic and... well, I've always loved the Tusken Raiders 🤔
Happy New Year to everyone.

morrid12

Padawan
Thanks for the welcome everybody.
I'm looking forward to learning from the collective knowledge that everyone on the forums has and admiring the fantastic collections that you all have :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
My apologies, I've only just seen your post.

Welcome indeed! Thanks for the great introduction and story. I have similarly vivid memories of the toy shop (also sadly now long gone) in my old home town of Ware in Hertfordshire back in the 70's and 80's :)

This forum is a terrific place, so I hope you stick around and make the most of it.

Jeremy

WallE

Youngling
Hello,
I wanted to say hi after joining last week.
As a child I was totally captivated by the figures and their packaging which, for me anyway, has to be the most wonderful toy packaging ever.
Even now, as an old sod, I still think that they verge on being art pieces.
I still remember as a child the sheer awe of standing in a toy shop in Blackpool (wish I could remember it's name but it was just around the corner from the Tower/town centre and is long gone) staring at an entire wall full from floor to ceiling of row upon row of carded figures.
It was the most magical of sights and trying to choose just one of them to spend my hard saved holiday money on took me a long time.
I went for ESB carded Rebel Soldier in Hoth Battle Gear and it was out of it's bubble pack before I'd left the shop.

Although I stopped collecting long ago, my figures were saved and kept in my parents loft and at Christmas, for the first time in many years, I had a real urge to see them again.
The majority are ROTJ, with a small number of SW, ESB and Tri-logos too.
I don't have any "Holy Grails" but a good number are in pretty nice condition and it was lovely to see them again.
Not sure where this revisiting of my old collection will take me, if anywhere, but at the moment I feel like that kid, all of those years ago, in that shop in Blackpool, immersed in a feeling of absolute magic and... well, I've always loved the Tusken Raiders 🤔
Happy New Year to everyone.
Welcome from another new member. Happy New Year to you also.

morrid12

Padawan
Great backstory. Can't wait to see where this awakening takes you. Kick back and enjoy the ride and feel free to ask for any help or advice. Some great knowledge and collections on the forum
Thanks JabbaWookie. There certainly is amazing knowledge and collections on here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom