I Like to Think This Is Run By SW Fans..

.Q.

Jedi Master
Holy smokes Michael, you saw Joy Division? Wow. Seen New Order, and indeed Buzzcocks and recently the mighty Rolling Stones at Hyde Park (my folks were there in '69) but would swap the lot to have seen Ian Curtis perform. Massive.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Remember them doin she's lost control, Curtis was amazing such a sad loss to music.

The atmosphere was great, real gritty and awesome.

I remember seeing the buzzcocks a few times, I saw them at King George's Hall in Blackburn, was brilliant, especially when the audience all whiz zed beer mats ( someone had stolen a box full from the bar earlier) at Pete S. to which his response was " if you don't stop throwing them we won't play anymore" in that unmistakeable voice of his :lol: :lol: , they were brilliant
Incidentally supported by an unknown Annie Lennox with the Tourists
Around that time saw...the clash (white riot live is still one of the best tunes I've heard), pistols, Crass, Slaughter and the Dogs, UK Subs, Adam and the antz ( before the sell out), slits on and on
Happy days :D got to say that Joy division though in those years were the best band to ever play, still listen to the tracks now, great music.....but the again there is some good stuff around today, you just need to steer away from the kiddy pop charts, but that's always been the case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom