international bank tranfer

spoons

Grand Master
lee gray said:
spoons said:
lee - that is a bit differnet to IBAN transfer.

I wouldn't send my sort code and account number to a complete stranger, there's a big chance of identity theft. I do send money to friends that way though :)

i never done it before and defo wouldnt give a stranger my details but i have known this lady for quite a while and sold her tons of facebook poker chips i won for free

fair enough :)

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Euhm, i read a couple off mistakes here.

First off all if you make an bank transfer with IBAN its free off charge. Note an international bank transfer is only possible in the EU if you use the same valuta.
You will need 2 things from the guy you want to make the payment to 1: his IBAN number (this is a number followed by some letter that indicates the country (for example DE for germany) and than your account number. the second thing you need is a BIC code or SWift code (these is the same only some countries use Swift others BIC) and you don't always need this, i mostly do my international bank transfers without these (i only use the IBAN) and it works just fine.

Cheers, Dennis.

spoons

Grand Master
Stargeezer said:

First off all if you make an bank transfer with IBAN its free off charge.

Cheers, Dennis.

Only in Continental Europe not in Britain - though supposedly it is free with some British banks

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Stargeezer said:

Cheers, Dennis.

Only in Continental Europe not in Britain - though supposedly it is free with some British banks

Yeah sorry, your right about that, i can't make an international bank transfer to the UK free off charge.
The reason is that the bank needs to exchange the valuta from euro to britisch pounds.
But normally it's free off charge when the valuta stay's the same.

Maybe it's about time you guys join the euro... :D :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
Stargeezer said:
spoons said:
Stargeezer said:

Cheers, Dennis.

Yeah sorry, your right about that, i can't make an international bank transfer to the UK free off charge.
The reason is that the bank needs to exchange the valuta from euro to britisch pounds.
But normally it's free off charge when the valuta stay's the same.

Maybe it's about time you guys join the euro... :D :roll:

we also have a charge on top of the exchange rate :(

I'd love to join the euro, especially at today's exchange rate :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom