international bank tranfer

thomas-peters

Youngling
Ron said:
Have any off you guys had any dealings in doing international bank tranfers. How easy is it to do

Hi you need to ring your Bank up and ask for an E-BAN Number and a Swift code
Once you have got these you need to give them to the person who is paying you
They do the rest Non of your details will be given out.

Has the buyer or whoever it is paid to another country before?

Cheers Thomas

Ron

Sith Lord
thomas-peters said:
Ron said:
Have any off you guys had any dealings in doing international bank tranfers. How easy is it to do

Hi you need to ring your Bank up and ask for an E-BAN Number and a Swift code
Once you have got these you need to give them to the person who is paying you
They do the rest Non of your details will be given out.

Has the buyer or whoever it is paid to another country before?

Cheers Thomas
Hi Thomas thanks for the information. Not to sure if the buyer has done it before. I will soon find out. Also if i was to tranfer money to some 1 in another country. I would just need the E-BAN and swift number. Then just go in to my bank and tranfer the money

thomas-peters

Youngling
Then the person you are sending to would need to contact the bank for an eban and swift code, then they would give it you then you give it your bank. Say you wish to transfer money etc. A little confusing at first

Cheers Thomas

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
If the bank charges for that (and they probably do) you might want to check out Moneygram instead. There is a fee, but your money is sent quickly. Think its about 30 mins before the person can collect

spoons

Grand Master
Ron said:
thanks for that

Ron, in the UK it is an iban number not eban, and the bank normally charges around £10

I had to go into my local branch of Lloyds to do it

thomas-peters

Youngling
Ron said:
Spoons do they charge £10 just to get the iban number. Will i need a swift code as well spoons

You don't have to pay £10 to receive! I did'nt have to pay £10 to send neither.
I suppose it depends which bank your with.

spoons

Grand Master
Ron said:
Spoons do they charge £10 just to get the iban number. Will i need a swift code as well spoons

they charge £10 to send money not receive. Someone esneding you money wont cost you, but if you want to transfer money it will cost you.

your iban number is normally listed with your account details, but the bank will tell you what it is if you cant find it.

the swift number is supplied by the bank when you send money.

If you want to do a transfer, get the other persons name, address, bank name, bank address and account number, and go in to your local bank they will sort it out. But it will cost you. UK banks nearly always charge, but i appreciate that European banks dont.

spoons

Grand Master
Ron said:
perfect thanks spoons for explaning it for me

no problem Ron, I sent money a couple of years back but now you might be able to do it online. Give your bank a ring they'll tell you what you need to know :)

AndyG

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
Ron said:

they charge £10 to send money not receive. Someone esneding you money wont cost you, but if you want to transfer money it will cost you.

They will probably charge if you are sent another currency though.

The last time I looked into a bank transfer to someone in the US - I was quoted £30 by Llloyds and ended up transferring the money from a bank account to paypal account and then doing a funds transfer - which cost the seller nothing and cost me a little bit in the reduced exchange rate that paypal gave. It was much cheaper than a bank transfer.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I have never paid any in myself but I sold a few things to a person in south africa who didnt have paypal and all i did was give them my bank account sort code and the name of the bank. in my case nationwide building society and the money was in within 3 days so I guess it must be pretty easy to do

spoons

Grand Master
lee - that is a bit differnet to IBAN transfer.

I wouldn't send my sort code and account number to a complete stranger, there's a big chance of identity theft. I do send money to friends that way though :)

lee gray

Sith Lord
spoons said:
lee - that is a bit differnet to IBAN transfer.

I wouldn't send my sort code and account number to a complete stranger, there's a big chance of identity theft. I do send money to friends that way though :)

i never done it before and defo wouldnt give a stranger my details but i have known this lady for quite a while and sold her tons of facebook poker chips i won for free

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom