Is this vintage ?

itfciain

Grand Master
I am pretty sure that this is one of the newer ones - am I right ?

If so it is going for a lot of money !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Imperial-Shuttle-Vehicle-Superb-and-RARE-/330672599406?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item4cfd9f716e

PGowdy

Grand Master
That's the "modern" version. You can always tell by that kind of burned/dirty effect it has to the finish. I'm sure there are other ways to tell but i'm not an expert on vehicles.
Pretty sure the modern versions are worth about 40-50 quid. Unboxed.

Dom

Jedi Master
Yeah its a new one and the person selling it knew that. Thats the reason they have put the date in the description.

ODB

Jedi Master
The new one is easy to spot, not only has it got the 'soot' effect paint job but the cockpit glass is dark/tinted and the lower half of the cockpit and neck is a dark plastic not the uniform beige/cream colour of the original.

I could post side by side pics if anyone wants them?

e30318is

Sith Lord
Oh dear!!

There was a new guy on here selling for 80$ mib (possibly sealed)

Now where's the pm button again?!

I really don't understand why they didn't alter the Date stamps on the reissues...... :?

ODB

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:
ODB said:
I could post side by side pics if anyone wants them?

Yes please!

I've thrown a little something together:

ShuttleComparason.jpg

PGowdy

Grand Master
I always knew how to tell the difference but never realised they were SO similar!! Never seen them side by side.
So, is that why the modern version has the vintage date stamp?... are they from the same moulds/sculpts??

aussiejames

Sith Lord
It kinda makes sense that they are the same mold BUT there are many major differences ie the number of screws that hold the 'main body' together, the wing locking mechanism is totally different (you can not use the modern one to fix a vintage one) the front & rear guns are a different length & shade of grey ..... So I'm not sure if they just 'rejigged' the old mold. The other modern vehicles that are the 'same' as the vintage ones (landspeeder, snowspeeder, A-wing etc) have modern dates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom