Latest Acquisitions

spoons

Grand Master
Daz - this site only accepts thumbnails from webshots, which I've only just realised :oops:

I've started to move my pics to photobucket instead but it doesn't really matter either way - thumbnails take up less room

warrachuppin

Padawan
spoons said:
Daz - this site only accepts thumbnails from webshots, which I've only just realised :oops:

I've started to move my pics to photobucket instead but it doesn't really matter either way - thumbnails take up less room

I am ok using these thumbnails mate or is there a better way

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Bollux said:
DSC00268.jpg

There we go then!

my Ã'£1.25 squidhead! :oops:

thats great,looks in great condition as well,i believe if your patient you dont have to spend crazy money to get a mint loose collection

Bollux

Grand Master
I had a nice minty one but he was missing his "skirt" and the weapon was a repro which i didnt realise at the time!

so i got one for 1.25 that wasnt brilliant and just used the "skirt" and weapon..

he looks as good as the day he was opened!

I know its not a rare figure or anything but I am happy with him

thanks for the support guys, i was beginning to worry that if I wasnt spending hundreds or had a massive collection that i wouldnt fit in. :oops:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Bollux said:
thanks for the support guys, i was beginning to worry that if I wasnt spending hundreds or had a massive collection that i wouldnt fit in. :oops:
None of us can compete with Sith Smith so don't worry about it!! :wink:

Having said that I'm wondering if Edd has won the lottery recently as he has been busy buying a few items!! :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Bollux said:
I had a nice minty one but he was missing his "skirt" and the weapon was a repro which i didnt realise at the time!

so i got one for 1.25 that wasnt brilliant and just used the "skirt" and weapon..

he looks as good as the day he was opened!

I know its not a rare figure or anything but I am happy with him

a teacher with the user name of bollox allways fits in,carnt wait till your class finds out

sith-smith

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Bollux said:
None of us can compete with Sith Smith so don't worry about it!! :wink:

Thing is though it isn't a competition. Too many collectors i have met collect so they can have a better collection than someone else.

That's the worse way to collect.

The best collections are those that are put together because the items are wanted for themselves, not for rarity or how much they cost.

Everyone on this site seems to collect what they want and what makes them happy, which is the best reason to buy any star wars item.

I know i've got a lot fo stuff, but i still get excited when i see star wars stuff that's in someone else's collection or on a stand at a fair. Even if it's not stuff i want or if it's stuff i've already got.

It's all just so dam cool.

8)

jayjedi

Sith Lord
well said gary. dont collect to try and have the most, just do it to make you happy :D

and gary's happy because he's got the most :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
well said gary. dont collect to try and have the most, just do it to make you happy :D

and gary's happy because he's got the most :lol:

:lol:

I seriously don't.

My collection looks like nothing compared to some in the UK, let alone worldwide.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i know
i have seen some guys, 1 in uk and at least 1 in the US who have warehouses full of star wars stuff.
why ? i have an office and its all on the walls where i see it every day. what is the point of buying something and sticking it in a like a store shed and never seeing it. its not displayed, just crammed on shelves

thats not collecting for a passion....... they have just got obsessive compulsive disorder or something. :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
The UK guy is jason joiner I believe. Was in the guiness book of record.

Don't know how much quality is in there though. It's certainly a massive collection.

The US guy could be stephen sansweet.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I can remember in my early days of collecting, dealers used to just take whatever the price was in dollars and swap the sign for pounds.

Everything was always so much more expensive here than in the US.

Then eBay really kicked in, and that was the end of that.

kilroy

Padawan
all good stuff. i too dont have much to really share, but guess again it boils down to one's expectations and how much your finances (or fiancees) can take! these stuff here are all hard core!

Latest posts

Top Bottom