Latest Acquisitions

stormcab

Sith Lord
I'm finally able, and delighted, to share my recent Prop Store purchase, a mixed lot of crew gear from the Norway film location shoot for The Empire Strikes Back. This lot perfectly complements the jacket and balaclava that I purchased from Mr Harald Lystad, and allows me to display a full production issued and used crew outfit (except for the goggles, which aren't production used but are the identical type). As a huge fan of the Hoth sequences in the movie, and the adversity that the cast and crew went through to get such wonderful footage, this really is a dream come true.

The hat has the name Kohler inside - location manager Philip Kohler - and the boots have the initials M G. I haven't yet identified who this might be on the crew.

I'm still looking for an outer pair of ski trousers (with the full zipper down the outside of each leg) if anyone can help, please?

Further information on the crew gear, and on Mr Lystad's part in the production, can be found here: https://www.ukstarwars.com/mr-harald-lystad
View attachment 106001

View attachment 106002View attachment 106003
That's a crazy good acquisition. Well done.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Great Jawa, Carl. Super buy.

I don't think I've added anything here for over a year. A house move promoted a massive sell-off of MOCs and left me with my boxed vehicles only. I've been slowly putting together a mint unused (but opened) run over time. It's coming along nicely.

This is my latest and it was a silly low price thanks to a pretty poor eBay auction listing. Been sat in a loft for nearly 40 years and in superb condition all round. Very happy indeed as I kept missing them and then a couple of sealed graded ones went for around £1500 mark. This cost little more than 10% of that. Once again patience pays off, even in this market.

And once again: that little round sticker on the bottom with a letter on it. Most of my unused Palitoy vehicles have this. Again I don't have any idea what it was for or meant.

View attachment 106722View attachment 106723View attachment 106724View attachment 106725
That look super Simon😎 Well done mate! I too do not know about that round sticker?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Another addition and I can't believe it's been close to 10 years since I last had the pleasure of owning one of these!

Stunning condition unpunched and genuinely surprised it didn't overall score 85! Coming from Andy Clarke there was no question it would b a good one👍🏻

Many thanks mate😊

Attachments

• 804EC00E-5321-400E-998E-B37251EC2236.jpeg
    804EC00E-5321-400E-998E-B37251EC2236.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 58
  • BBFF9B6F-FA47-4690-96F0-897EA2AB76D9.jpeg
    BBFF9B6F-FA47-4690-96F0-897EA2AB76D9.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 73

Palifan

Sith Lord
Another addition and I can't believe it's been close to 10 years since I last had the pleasure of owning one of these!

Stunning condition unpunched and genuinely surprised it didn't overall score 85! Coming from Andy Clarke there was no question it would b a good one👍🏻

Many thanks mate😊
That is stunning and I can't believe it's not an 85 either, surely the grade was a mistake?

Amazing to see :)

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well after buying almost nothing all year, this is my second purchase in a week! I've been looking for a sealed or unused one of these for years without success, it's one of my favourite boxes. So when this came up on FB for a fraction of the price I thought it was worth settling for. The box isn't mint and the inserts are missing, but the toy is complete and the box displays nicely. If anyone has any spare inserts kicking around, let me know :)

IMG_2450.jpeg

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Well I have been absent from this thread for a long long time, it's changed so much & baggies are no longer the cheap & redily available SW item eh, oh how things change over the years.

I need to have a really good look over the past 100 or so pages & play a little catch up, I am sure there will be some grand pick up's & cool eye candy.

This is one of my few pick ups in the last 12 months, with the price though thank goodness, one piece I have wanted for years but always out of reach in terms of the cost, this one's a little more rough around the edges, but I love it! managed to break it free of it's acrylic tomb & get the footer back in places as that would have driven me barmy, looks so much better for it & so pleased to finally fill this gap in the focus.

IMGP1833.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom