latest film/ dvd you have seen

ScottJ

Youngling
Watched the new Bond film this weekend, was very enjoyable and the 2.5hrs passed quick enough and a good way for Daniel to bow out - also watch the original Matrix with my daughter which stood up really well considering it's 1999, before both my kids were born. Still great visuals & soudntrack.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I rewatched the Matrix recently with my two boys. I agree, stands up really well. Not sure if I want to put them (or myself) through the dreadful sequels though! New film looks like it's got potential though...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I rewatched the Matrix recently with my two boys. I agree, stands up really well. Not sure if I want to put them (or myself) through the dreadful sequels though! New film looks like it's got potential though...
I saw an advert for the latest Matrix film. It looks like a blatant "well, the first one made us a load of money, maybe people will have forgotten about how shite he two sequels where and will come and watch this."

Those sequels really where appalling, utter pyscho-mumbo jumbo.

I also noticed the first was made by the Wachowski brothers. The latest is made by the Wachowski sisters. They have both transitioned. Each to their own, of course, but there can't be many siblings who have both transitioned.

ScottJ

Youngling
I saw an advert for the latest Matrix film. It looks like a blatant "well, the first one made us a load of money, maybe people will have forgotten about how shite he two sequels where and will come and watch this."

Those sequels really where appalling, utter pyscho-mumbo jumbo.

I also noticed the first was made by the Wachowski brothers. The latest is made by the Wachowski sisters. They have both transitioned. Each to their own, of course, but there can't be many siblings who have both transitioned.
Didn't even have the energy to explain why we wouldn't be watching any of the others, they were shite, I am semi-curious about the new trailer for only nostalgic reasons, but with a large slice of trepidation.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Kerry Anne Moss (I think that's her name) aka Trinity is in it. Not sure how they managed that.
I assume some moron in an office somewhere decided it's "what the fans would want." Ya know, rather than a sensible plot or any form of continuity.

Like Legolas and a love story in The Hobbit. I lost track of how many fans said The Hobbit would be so much better with Legolas in it and a bit of inter species loving. Rolls his eyes.

lejackal

Grand Master
Kerry Anne Moss (I think that's her name) aka Trinity is in it. Not sure how they managed that.
I assume some moron in an office somewhere decided it's "what the fans would want." Ya know, rather than a sensible plot or any form of continuity.

Like Legolas and a love story in The Hobbit. I lost track of how many fans said The Hobbit would be so much better with Legolas in it and a bit of inter species loving. Rolls his eyes.
Considering how good the LOTR trilogy was the Hobbit was an abomination. It should've been a two parter at the most and absolutely should not have had all the added crap. They tried to screw too much money out of it

lejackal

Grand Master
I thought the new Bond film was fantastic, very good and with the ending it leaves them open to start from scratch, do something new whatever they like really.

The last (new) film I watched was The Last Duel, again I really enjoyed this and despite my concerns over the lead actors I thought it was well done. It was an interesting story and has actually ignited a spark for me to go and read a bit of French history again.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I watch 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' over the weekend. It's really, REALLY good! I liked the first two Tom Holland Spider-Man films, but this is better than both combined. A great story, great characters, real stakes, real emotion, real surprises... It genuinely is brilliant.

lejackal

Grand Master
I watch 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' over the weekend. It's really, REALLY good! I liked the first two Tom Holland Spider-Man films, but this is better than both combined. A great story, great characters, real stakes, real emotion, real surprises... It genuinely is brilliant.
I'm very much looking forward to watching this, I've always been a bit of a Marvel fan but since lockdown the MCU has been a massive part on my spare time

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Considering how good the LOTR trilogy was the Hobbit was an abomination. It should've been a two parter at the most and absolutely should not have had all the added crap. They tried to screw too much money out of it
Yeah, I do have a bit of sympathy with them though. It's a bloody hard book to film, especially with 13 hobbits. There was no way to make them anything other than incredibly interchangeable as there just isnt enough time for character development for all of them, plus all of the other characters. And that's before you get to the fact that one of them, literally, doesn't speak once.

lejackal

Grand Master
Yeah, I do have a bit of sympathy with them though. It's a bloody hard book to film, especially with 13 hobbits. There was no way to make them anything other than incredibly interchangeable as there just isnt enough time for character development for all of them, plus all of the other characters. And that's before you get to the fact that one of them, literally, doesn't speak once.
Oh god yes, translating Tolkien and all its infinite detail onto film cannot be an easy task

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You haven't seen the most recent Matrix yet then I guess
Have you seen it, is it as bad as the reviews make out? I wasn't expecting much but apparently it's a lot worse than the sequels, and that really is saying something.

ScottJ

Youngling
Have you seen it, is it as bad as the reviews make out? I wasn't expecting much but apparently it's a lot worse than the sequels, and that really is saying something.
It's so bad in my opinion, really pointless, poorly scripted. poorly shot, very difficult to watch.

grinchy

Sith Lord
I went to see the latest matrix at the cinema with my son, we lasted an hour and a half before we walked out, absolutely crap compared to the original

lejackal

Grand Master
Put Super Mario Bros. (Yep, the 1993 shitfest) for my eldest lad today. I knew it was going to be bad but **** a duck I didn't realise it was a contender for the worst film ever made

Latest posts

Top Bottom