M.A.S.K collection for sale - maybe

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Ok, so this is a marital request so I don't really want to sell, but finding it hard to win the argument.
Photos aren't the best but this lot has been photographed and posted in other areas of the forum over the last four years.

Anyway, if there is genuine interest in this collection then I am open to offers etc. If not no worries.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 183

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
That's a gorgeous collection there, are you considering selling it as a bulk buy, individually or just hope there's no interest at all so you can keep it!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Ha
Honest answer is I don't know. Part of me doesn't want an offer and even if I sell bit by bit is a pain as I don't have boxes or regular access to post office etc. Etc., basically pain in the arse so looking for an excuse :)

I guess if a bulk offer came in I would think about it and individual sales I have a friend that runs a shop so no hastle for me...

Short answer I haven't got a clue :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I bought my first bit of M.A.S.K. as an adult collector a couple of months ago (Bandit). I had forgotten how small the figures were and how flexible the limbs were so you could properly sit them on the bikes. Brought it all flooding back. Yours look in A1 condition. Do they come with all the paperwork etc. Don't think I can afford it as well as the SW, just curious to know.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I'd still lose half in a divorce, half a collection is worse than none :)

Yes, some of the sets have paper, a few boxes have inserts and few don't. The toys are all in good condition the boxes vary from excellent to poor.

The carded figures are great though.

Oddly I think these are becoming more collectable. I know these are on the block but it was only a few months ago I was adding and am only two vehicles away from having a full series 2 set to go with the complete series 1. And the prices now compared to 2014 when I started to buy these is noticeably higher. I think the new comics and the constant rumours of a new toy line (with some one off figures to boot) and the rom our of a film linked to the GI Joe films is stoking the flames a bit. All that means if I do offload these I can't afford to get them back, unlike a few years back when I sold all my childhoods mask toys and the decided to buy back.

They teally are ****ing cool though, I love the figure size and the detail and mechanisms on the vehicles pushed boundaries back in the day.

Palifan

Sith Lord
It sounds to me like you really should find a way of keeping them as it may well be something you regret in time. I'm just glad I just missed these when they came out or I'd probably want to collect them, I have enough trouble with picking up things I want from the 70's.

Maybe tuck them away in the loft and just get the odd one down every now and then if it's a space problem. I have a large collection of all sorts of things that I could never display in one go so have to rotate things on display. I've really enjoyed doing this over the years as it keeps me interested in my collection and means you can always look at something new with buying all the time. Just a thought but I've followed you picking these up over the past couple of years and would hate for you to make a mistake.

Best of luck with which way you go though and it's fine to let go of things if you're sure you can forget about them or really need the cash for something more important.

Ian

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
As much as I don't want to I think it will come down to these or some of the remaining Star Wars toys. And when push comes to shove I would rather keep those. Ideally both, but even I can't just if that :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
As much as I don't want to I think it will come down to these or some of the remaining Star Wars toys. And when push comes to shove I would rather keep those. Ideally both, but even I can't just if that :)

I see your point......Sorry to say that The Mask collection goes I guess!

Best of luck with it and try not to think back on it too much, you'll still and some SW goodies to look at.

Ian

plantman

Sith Lord
Can you not select a few items to keep, i had to sell a lot of my non-star wars lines so i selected the figures and vehicles i specifically remember playing with time and time again.

Now going through my collection brings back those exact memories i have.

Andy

Crumm

Padawan
Man, what a collection.

My favourite when I had M.A.S.K. stuff as a kid was always Condor, very simple idea (motorbike/ helicopter) but executed flawlessly. One of the best toys I ever had, I raced and flew that one around the school playground a few times I can tell ya'. It went everywhere with me.

Looks like you have one there mint in the box too! I am rather envious :lol:

I hope you find a way to keep them, but if you do decide to pass them on and don't mind splitting, I would be interested in Condor.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Crumm said:
Man, what a collection.

My favourite when I had M.A.S.K. stuff as a kid was always Condor, very simple idea (motorbike/ helicopter) but executed flawlessly. One of the best toys I ever had, I raced and flew that one around the school playground a few times I can tell ya'. It went everywhere with me.

Looks like you have one there mint in the box too! I am rather envious :lol:

I hope you find a way to keep them, but if you do decide to pass them on and don't mind splitting, I would be interested in Condor.

I had condor and iguana and played with them loads!!!

my mate had firefly and I was jealous but looking back I was lucky

loved those toys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom