Micro Collection - Unpainted

MightyMike

Padawan
I picked up a few unpainted Micro Collection figures, although I've got all the production sets (except the Falcon) this is my first time I've bought any unpainted versions

I assume there aren't any reproductions of these out there, so how common are they? For the painted versions I only pay about £1-2, are unpainted more or less desirable? To be honest I'm not sure what to do with them and would have preferred them painted. I assume I shouldn't clean then at all? Is there a way to determine if hey were never painted or stripped of the paint?

In the lot was 2-1B and C-3PO which I believe are from the unreleased Bacta set, are these very rare? There is a 2-1B on eBay for £250 that has been hanging around for ages. The same seller listed the C-3PO for £250 but accepted a 'Best Offer'. The reason they aren't selling could be either they are over priced or there is a limited market.

Any experts out there?

MC1.JPG
MC2.JPG

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
These are something I'd like to start collecting too but don't know much about them either.
@spoons is probably your best bet for extra information here.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm the same as you with owning the sets but not the falcon and although I've seen these unpainted ones before it's hard to know for sure about them as people could just strip the paint off of production ones.

I'm not saying that yours are but hopefully there are some experts who know what to look for. There's also Gus & Duncans Micro book that might help although I'm guessing you have that already?

Ian

MightyMike

Padawan
Not bought the Gus&Duncan's book yet, been mulling it over for a while but never taken the plunge

The rest of the job lot is below, about a 125 figures in total. What surprised me was the amount of C-3POs and 2-1B for an unproduced set (22 and 12 respectively) hence I wondered about any experts here. I spotted them in the last few minutes on eBay so didn't have time to ask any questions prior

MC3.JPG

Anyway when I got the figures and they looked genuine I emailed the seller, apparently she is clearing her late father in law's house (the rest of her items for sale fit with an elderly man) and apparently he worked in a now defunct die cast factory but couldn't really tell me any more. Was it something that the UK even ever made? I didn't think they were on sale in the UK but was Palitoy looking to produce/sell them?

Tried to give her a few items to look out for and not to rush into selling them on eBay.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Not bought the Gus&Duncan's book yet, been mulling it over for a while but never taken the plunge

The rest of the job lot is below, about a 125 figures in total. What surprised me was the amount of C-3POs and 2-1B for an unproduced set (22 and 12 respectively) hence I wondered about any experts here. I spotted them in the last few minutes on eBay so didn't have time to ask any questions prior

View attachment 171563

Anyway when I got the figures and they looked genuine I emailed the seller, apparently she is clearing her late father in law's house (the rest of her items for sale fit with an elderly man) and apparently he worked in a now defunct die cast factory but couldn't really tell me any more. Was it something that the UK even ever made? I didn't think they were on sale in the UK but was Palitoy looking to produce/sell them?

Tried to give her a few items to look out for and not to rush into selling them on eBay.
The fact that you have the unproduced figures does make me think that there are probably real and not had the paint stripped. Really nice collection to have and I'm sure there's someone here who can at least point you in the right direction for some more information. I think Gus is attending FF in December as well so maybe you could take a trip there to ask him directly about them.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
These are something I'd like to start collecting too but don't know much about them either.
@spoons is probably your best bet for extra information here.
Cheers Scott

and great pickup @MightyMike

In answer to your questions, there are fakes out there, you can normally tell by the bottom of the foot plate - there will be no number stamped there and the seam is often irregular. The pieces were copied for some game in the 90s I believe, which can cause confusion.

As to telling whether they were previously painted - there should be tiny bits of paint left if so, but you may need a magnifying glass to tell. There is not a huge amount of value in most of them so the stripped ones are more likely to be stripped beaters rather than a deliberate attempt to scam. The unproduced unpainted figures were mostly made in largish amounts, as the moulds were designed to produce a certain amount rather than just a handful, but all are rarer than the production figures and some pieces are rarer than others. Not all these have numbers tamped on the base but they dont look rough like the copies

I'm after both the C3PO and 21B if you are selling any

MightyMike

Padawan
Thanks for the info - think I've just been lucky picking up these figures rather than anything devious, but still curious why he had such a large number

I (think) have sent you a DM about the 2 figs

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Mike, despite the production figures not going for that much you should still be looking at around £10 for the regular figures, a lot of your duplicates are from the build your own armies which may go for more, and as per my pm the 3PO and 21B are £100 to £150 ish - 21B is rarer

There's a tidy sum in that lot you picked up if original (and nothing says they aren't at this point), a great score!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom