MISB Palitoy Land Speeder

Palifan

Sith Lord
You don't see to many of these but that's quite a price :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palitoy-Vintage-Star-Wars-Land-Speeder-MISB-/271589066175?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3f3bf845bf&nma=true&si=WCLuH5v3if72J%252F789fS7CipOpAY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I think someone got a good buy there to be fair, sealed stuff is rocketing. Wasn't there a really good example of a Palitoy Landspeeder sold, opened but complete, for over £400 not long ago?

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I think someone got a good buy there to be fair, sealed stuff is rocketing. Wasn't there a really good example of a Palitoy Landspeeder sold, opened but complete, for over £400 not long ago?

400 for an opened example :eek:

I know what you mean about sealed examples but the box on this one doesn't look to be in the best shape. Seems a crazy price to me but with the cost of everything else rising so much I guess it's hardly surprising.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I was offered this piece which came from Germany but I had some reservations on it so passed :? May have made a mistake but I just didn't like the look of the factory seals :?: The pictures the guy sent me were just not good enough to really show important detail-for me anyway.
To date that is the first alleged sealed Palitoy Land Speeder I have ever seen :!:

The example that hit £400 on eBay a little while ago was in far superior condition box wise, the best I have ever seen in fact as the box was virtually flawless 8) Am gutted I got outbid on that one :evil: It came from Jim/Andy Stevenson and was part of a batch that included a mint unused Palitoy Boxed X-Wing again best box I have ever seen (which I'm glad to say I bagged :D) and a fantastic condition (but not unused) Palitoy Death Star which Jim reckons he sold to that Jordan Hembrough of 'Toy Hunter' for 2K gbp :!:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
The example that hit £400 on eBay a little while ago was in far superior condition box wise, the best I have ever seen in fact as the box was virtually flawless 8) Am gutted I got outbid on that one :evil: It came from Jim/Andy Stevenson and was part of a batch that included a mint unused Palitoy Boxed X-Wing again best box I have ever seen (which I'm glad to say I bagged :D) and a fantastic condition (but not unused) Palitoy Death Star which Jim reckons he sold to that Jordan Hembrough of 'Toy Hunter' for 2K gbp :!:

I do recall the box being really nice. There's just something special about that little red, white and blue logo in the bottom right hand corner isn't there... :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
I was offered this piece which came from Germany but I had some reservations on it so passed :? May have made a mistake but I just didn't like the look of the factory seals :?: The pictures the guy sent me were just not good enough to really show important detail-for me anyway.
To date that is the first alleged sealed Palitoy Land Speeder I have ever seen :!:

It's also the first one I've ever seen sealed and I agree with you that something doesn't feel quite right about it. I'm sure it's fine but it does seem to have a lot of edge wear and a bit of a dent so I'm not sure how well it will fair if it does get graded. For some reason though the price seems steep to me, which is strange to say as I know how expensive some MOC's can be. It's funny that dropping that kind of money on a seal item is now a bargain, what ever happened to the world?

Ian

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The problem with sealed items is the tape is drying up on most. I have a few sealed playsets and if you just barely breath on the tape, it will come off.

Palifan

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
The problem with sealed items is the tape is drying up on most. I have a few sealed playsets and if you just barely breath on the tape, it will come off.

I'm sure that wouldn't worry the AFA as long as you pay for the right service :wink:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Palifan said:
tiefighterboy said:

I'm sure that wouldn't worry the AFA as long as you pay for the right service :wink:

Nothing seems to bother them. :roll:

JKswe

Padawan
This particular piece I myself bought some months ago! Its a USED/RESEALED example and the seller is a BIG scammer! Period! The person that bough it has been scammed and it just sucks that the seller posted the item again!

I used a microcam that a friend has to check the content without opening the box and the speeder was present but its damaged to hell! If a USED example rates 5, it was a solid 1, thats how bad it was.

If the buyer is present here I gladly help him get hos money back!

The seller on ebay has long since blocked me!

This is the letter I used to get my money back since PP doesnt understand the termonlogoy of MISB! A friend at TIG helped me out since PP needs a 3rd party evalaution no matter what.

2ni4nyv.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's a terrible state of affairs and the seller shouldn't have been allowed to sale this on again! :evil:

JKswe

Padawan
This is when I bought it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Palitoy-Vintage-Star-Wars-Landspeeder-MISB-/271542612312?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Soz Am a bit late here what a ****ing ****! As said how do these people sleep at night :!: :!:
Something told me not to go for it, the force must have been with me :roll:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thats so bang out of order, not a bad investment if you bought back in the day, I remember proudly strutting in my modern toys shop with my crist bluey in hand that I had save up myself to buy it, my first ship it was & boy did it feel good, love the landspeeder, got my son a right bargain at a MEM a few years back with a near mint loose one for a fiver :)

JKswe

Padawan
But to end a sad story with something nice.. this is what I ended up getting after searching some more!

It is a MINT and unused as can be :)

1_zpsc5118863.png

11_zpscad22cc3.png

12_zpsb2008a24.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom