Movie Birthdays June 23

Pomse2001

Grand Master
So I thought about if we know about a great movie that have birthday today then we can talk about the movie in this thread :D

16 June, 58 Years ago Dracula came to the cinema in the UK with mr. Dracula, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing 8)

dracula-2.jpg

56 Years ago Psycho came to the cinema in USA, also a fantastic horror movie :D

03-psycho-screen.jpg

46 Years ago Two Mules for Sister Sara could been seen in the cinema in the USA for the first time. One of my favorite western movies with good old Clint Eastwood and a hot Shirley MacLaine :D

two-mules.jpg

38 Years ago, Jaws 2 came to the cinema in USA, also one of my favorite movies 8)

maxresdefault.jpg

36 Years ago, The Blues Brothers could been seen in the cinema in the USA, one of the best comedy movies with Dan Aykroyd :lol:

The_Blues_Brothers_-_film.jpg

27 Years ago, Ghostbusters II came to the cinema. I have not seen the new one, but I am sure this one is much better than the new one :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Good idea for a thread Lars , I love movies

BTW the pic you have is from Jaws ( first movie) not Jaws 2 ( "smile you son of a bitch" :lol: )

yoda

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:

BTW the pic you have is from Jaws ( first movie) not Jaws 2 ( "smile you son of a bitch" :lol: )

Also one of my all time favourites !
3 barrels that's impossible!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes after Star Wars Jaws is an all time favourite in our house.

The acting was brilliant, the cinematography superb and some of the scripting was classic, so many quotes from that film, " that's some bad hat Harry" always cracks me up :lol: top film 8)

Dirty Dozen was a brilliant film Lars, along with the Many others, like the old war films The Eagle has landed 8)

yoda

Sith Lord
Talking of old ones has anyone ever watched the seventh seal? It's one I always aim to watch. Please no spoilers :D just wondering is it worth a watch?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:

Thanks I did not know that :oops: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Yes after Star Wars Jaws is an all time favourite in our house.

The acting was brilliant, the cinematography superb and some of the scripting was classic, so many quotes from that film, " that's some bad hat Harry" always cracks me up :lol: top film 8)

Dirty Dozen was a brilliant film Lars, along with the Many others, like the old war films The Eagle has landed 8)

I agree Jaws is a fantastic movie and also the Dirty Dozen, did you know there is 4 Dirty Dozen movies ? :shock:

Yes The Eagle has landed is also one of the best war movies :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
yoda said:
Talking of old ones has anyone ever watched the seventh seal? It's one I always aim to watch. Please no spoilers :D just wondering is it worth a watch?

Never heard about that movie, any links ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ian_C said:
Apparently Grease was also released June 16, 1978.

Not for most fans here, but a pretty major film historically.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I did not know that. I love Grease it is also a fantastic movie. Just like some of the other dance movies with John Travolta 8)

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:
Ian_C said:
Apparently Grease was also released June 16, 1978.

Not for most fans here, but a pretty major film historically.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I did not know that. I love Grease it is also a fantastic movie. Just like some of the other dance movies with John Travolta 8)

Yeah, exact same date as Jaws 2. June 16, 1978.

Jaws won the box office battle that weekend, but we all know which one is considered weaker. And I say that as a fan of Jaws 2 as well. It gets way too much hate (like the prequels ;) ). Plenty of iconic scenes here too. The attack on the water skier. The kids in the boat race being trapped and floating out to sea. The end scene with the power cable. And of course, the attack on the helicopter. :)

JAWS2_Helicopter02.png

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
45 years ago, June 17 The Anderson Tapes could be seen in the cinema. It is a really good movie with Sean Connery and Christopher Walken 8)

5542.jpg

Superman 3, 33 years today. I have seen the new superman movie. But I still think the 4 old ones is still the best ones.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Great Outdoors, 28 years today. Do any of you remember that comedy movie with Dan Aykroyd and John Candy, damn I miss John Candy he was so funny :lol:

ugixcwuo.jpg

The Chase, 22 years ago it could be seen in the cinema in the uk. With Charlie Sheen and a very hot Kristy Swanson 8)
I am pretty sure I would have crashed the car in that scene :lol:

Kristy-Swanson-chaseu-3.jpg

Green Lantern, only 5 years ago in a uk cinema :D

5e99a8e.jpg

Mr. Popper's Penguins also 5 years ago in a us cinema, very funny movie :lol:

penguins01_1024x768.jpg

mumbo

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:

:lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom