My bluray and dvd movie collection, feel free to add your own

grinchy

Sith Lord
So as well as a collection of Star Wars, i have a collection of movies, i don't mind streaming and have Amazon Netflix and Disney+ to, but i prefer to have an actual physical copy of the movie
i have a bluray cabinet in the living room and its full, lol
oEyu9ztl.jpg

i have one other shelf in the living room, that has Dr Who, Futurama and other bits on it
2dk7kDKl.jpg

Heres my dvd collection, in cabinets put together by my brother in law, these are on the landing

shwG5zPl.jpg

here we have my steelbooks, just metal packaging, but i like the artwork on them
v4zOaOMl.jpg

qAAZAsPl.jpg

SgkUhkbl.jpg

and my middle earth collection so far, i have my eye on a couple more steelbooks

KpkIMwal.jpg

This bond set has most of the movies apart from the latest ones, love the artwork on it

pqb1phVl.jpg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very cool. Can't beat an actual library where you peruse the shelves and find a good film. I too have the streaming services but nothing beats having your actual favourites all in one place.

UKS

Jedi Knight
When my father passed I inherited his DVD collection. He had been recording on DVD-R every old film or TV show he could find. He was also a proper engineer and so also provided an incredible documentation system so you could identify what was recorded where and when. Thousands of discs!

I wish I had time to look through it!

grinchy

Sith Lord
sounds cool, glad you have them, shame you can't look into them
And yes having the physical media is a better way in my opinion, just a shame they take up so much space

grinchy

Sith Lord
So i have a soft spot for Dr Who, especially Tennants era, not so much the other modern ones, but growing up i enjoyed the various Drs and so when i heard they were releasing the stories as collectors edition blurays i was really interested
They have released a load of different sets covering most of the vintage drs, but they are really pricey, and for a collector like me on a budget i need to tread carefully, i was lucky a few months ago and got the pertwee set for a good price £27, its a great set, and they are packed with special features
1DZnGnSl.jpg

Then i found the Tom Baker american set season one for £23.00, another great set, the different seasons are labeled differently in the us, toms is season 1 over there, but season 12 over here!, they are region free discs, anyone else a fan of the good Dr

yONJ0kdl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
thanks matey, yeah i love my dvds and blurays, haven't made the jump to 4k yet, not sure if i will, i have a 57 inch tv bluray player and multiregion dvd player, that'll do for me

grinchy

Sith Lord
Also a big Trek fan, got this set in, the original series has never looked better, they have updated the effects but crucially included the original effects at the touch of a button, (disney take note)!
I also have the next generation bluray box set, and that to looks amazing,
nUSL8TGl.jpg

kcLEMqyl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
I have just ordered this bluray set, i really enjoyed the movie, and this set has loads of special features, should keep me busy for a while
dYUNmPyl.jpg

w2qGZfEl.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
That Dune set does look really nice but I'm waiting for the new 4K release of Halloween to drop next month from the US. I've ordered it even though I don't own a 4K player but I'm happy enough with the blu-ray that still has this new transfer.

I own Halloween several times now on different formats and the colour timing looks different on them all so I'm hoping that this one will be the final version I'll need to get (I can only hope at least!). I also have the scream factory versions of parts 2 and 3 as well and that's about as far as I need to go with this franchise (although I do own the latest one as well which is next in line for me after the first 3).

One thing I have noticed with all these new transfers that they've been doing from Scream Factory is that they all end up getting added to european releases at a later date (NSM especially), so it's always worth checking the details on other releases from around the world (normally made after a couple of years from the initial release), as you can save yourself a lot of money by doing that than buying an 'out of print' version.

Ian

grinchy

Sith Lord
I have seen the scream releases, are they not region A locked? i don't have a multiregion player, i love the first halloween movie and 2 and 3 are good to, any advice on good region b editions i would appreciate

Palifan

Sith Lord
I have seen the scream releases, are they not region A locked? i don't have a multiregion player, i love the first halloween movie and 2 and 3 are good to, any advice on good region b editions i would appreciate
The Scream factory releases are region A locked but I bought a multi region player as I had so many US blue rays in my collection from when I was living out there. Saying that though bycopy of Halloween blue ray is a UK edition which was supposed to be the 40th anniversary release. It says HA40WEEN on the slipcase, but the disc says 35th Anniversary edition so they didn't change anything from that release. The image is sharp but as ever the colour timing iOS different to the other releases. It's slightly colder looking than the 2007 blu ray release as the earlier one has more warmth/orange to the film image. It's a minefield with this film and why I also own the THX DVD and the 25th anniversary edition as they all have different extras and colour timing. I'm not sure which version shares Scream Factory's colour grade but I'm hoping this new release for next month will put this all to bed for me (although I doubt it).

Halloween 2 I have from Scream Factory but Halloween 3 I have the German release which is Scream factory's disc and extras for the most part. Part 3 is from NSM records company and has the blue square with FSK 16 on the front (as well as German translation for season Of The Witch), so it's easy to spot and cheap. The cover is also reversible like part 2 so watch out for that as some people try to charge more for their copies and it's just the same one you can pick up cheaper.

Sorry I can't help more at this time but there's a lot of comparison sites out there that will help with what version is what. I spent hours recently going through Return Of The Living Dead releases and managed to get a really nice steenbok of it from NSM that had most of Scream Factory's extras on and the work print for the film, as well as their latest new transfer which was great (and I managed to get another cheap release that had all of the missing extras I didn't have and it was still a lot cheaper than buying the SF release!).

Hope that's of some help though and I'll let you know if I discover more.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, very helpful, i'll keep an eye out now i know what to look for, thanks again
I just picked up the NSM Halloween 4 release for £8.49 on Amazon, which looks like the same type as Halloween 3 I have so you can get them at a decent price if you look around.

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom