My Collection UPDATE Sept 2010

burnsy

Sith Lord
To be honest Emiel, the comments on here have really made me think about the need for correct conditions up there. I'm going to do a bit of research into this and maybe look at a small oil radiator and a de-humidifier up there.

The air flow is good as it's a dormer style house so there is air flow coming into the loft from the eves.

There is no evidence of any dampness or high levels of condensation up three as I've had boxes up there for years and they are fine.

The main thing I would be worried about with the collection is the glue of the bubbles on the carded figures. That's why I was going to store the carded figures in a cupboard in the house during the summer months.

Joe

Grand Master
burnsy said:
The main thing I would be worried about with the collection is the glue of the bubbles on the carded figures

Well if thats your only worry Stu - have no fear! Only heat and pressure keeping them on mate :D

burnsy

Sith Lord
Yeah, I know mate :)

I was just saying that it has made me think more about the conditions up there 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Lol I just wanted to pull your leg as well :lol:

Freezing temperatures will pop a bubble off clean as you like ! I hope you can keep the temps good up there all year round ! (or at least till you move!)

burnsy

Sith Lord
That's what I'm worried about Joe.

That's why I'm glad some of the lads have said about the condensation and
humidity problems that could arise as all I had really though about was the heat in the
summer damaging the carded figures. I thought in the colder months it would all be fine up there.

I appreciate the comments as it's made me think about getting a small heater
and de-humidifier.

And Emiel, they'll be no such antiMIBism from me fella.
I am becoming more attracted to your MIBism by the day :wink:

Bollux

Grand Master
thats an awesome idea Nurnsy, and your loft looks very similar to mine with those annoying cross-beams.

I may need to do the same thing if and when we get a little Bollux on the way

browny

Jedi Master
I really like your set up stuart,well done mate.

Would the climate up there really affect carded figures if they are cased or graded?

I am going to be doing my loft out into something very similar so may pick your brains at a later date if that is ok?

Thank you for sharing that with us all

Stefan.

JohnA

Padawan
I love non-US stuff. Your Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys, and, especially, Takara pieces are awesome. However, I'm most partial to the Polish, Hungarian, and Brazilian MT. Great collection!

Did I read correctly, you did this in 6 months??

John

burnsy

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys.

John, that would have been a busy 6 months!!
I've been collecting for about 3 years mate.

spoons

Grand Master
Amazing Stu - not seen this thread before :shock:

I'd love to put my stuff up in the loft, but the issue of wasp nests and fog (I went up one winter and the outside had come in!) mine stays in piles downstairs :(

sith-smith

Grand Master
I missed this thread too.

That looks totally awesome. Wish I could get my display room as good. 8)

lee gray

Sith Lord
Some great items there Burnsy, good to see you the other week, would be cool to do the meet up next event too

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
Nurnsy that is one sweet collection! :shock:

You really need to move it out of the loft asap though. I took my loft boards up a few weeks ago so I could have the loft reinsulated. They were really wet underneath. Not on top, and there was no moisture visable anywere else. It made me think though. Freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer cant be good for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom