My MIB Collection (update May 2023)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
DarthStanley said:
I never tire of looking at your collection mate,the BEST MIB collection I've ever seen! 8)

Great updates especially the ESB TIE,what else are you missing & I'll keep my eye out?

Thank you, Mark! :)

On my wish list:

- The other two POTF playpacks
- Kenner Death Star
- Kenner ESB red box X-Wing to go with the Tie.

Also, and that would seem a bit easier to achieve, a regular second wave Kenner MLC-3. It's the only standard Kenner mini rig box I am still missing.

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Capetown said:
Cazza said:
Brilliant update, Emiel- loads of lovely items! How do you display them?

Thanks! Unfortunately I have no way to display them, but the're in a large cupboard so I can enjoy them nonetheless.

Is your cupboard a TARDIS as it would need to be to house all that? :lol:

Will keep an eye out for the stuff you're missing!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Love this thread Capetown using it as reference for my boxed collection, as I'm trying to add all the missing paper work etc. Just wandering if you know whether the bilogo lazer cannon, VME and tripod laser cannon came with Kenner instructions or Palitoy? Thanks very much Adam.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Love this thread @Capetown using it as reference for my boxed collection, as I'm trying to add all the missing paper work etc. Just wandering if you know whether the bilogo lazer cannon, VME and tripod laser cannon came with Kenner instructions or Palitoy? Thanks very much Adam.

Hey Adam, sorry, I never checked when I took these pictures some 12 years ago and I can't make it out on them now. I'll check but that may take some time as I need to get a ladder to get at them lol.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Capetown said:
theforceuk said:
Love this thread @Capetown using it as reference for my boxed collection, as I'm trying to add all the missing paper work etc. Just wandering if you know whether the bilogo lazer cannon, VME and tripod laser cannon came with Kenner instructions or Palitoy? Thanks very much Adam.

Hey Adam, sorry, I never checked when I took these pictures some 12 years ago and I can't make it out on them now. I'll check but that may take some time as I need to get a ladder to get at them lol.

Thanks mate, don't worry to much I'm pretty sure they came with Kenner instructions. I've checked Imperial Gunnery and anything else I could find and it seems they were Kenner. Thanks for replying.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
It has been quite a while since my last update.

I upgraded some stuff and bought some new bits.

So here goes.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Upgrades:

sw_cantina_adventure_playset_anh_kenner 007.jpg

I finally completed my Cantina with the elusive insert and found a better box as well. I think the instructions still need upgrading.

sw_death_star_play_centre_palitoy_014.jpg

Upgraded the contents of the set to match the amazing box. I also managed to prize loose the unused mirror stickers from our own indestructible @Christian.

sw_Darth_Vader_tie_fighter_anh_Palitoy 001.jpg

I found out that the contents of my Palitoy DV Tie were actually Kenner (specifically the wings, the sticker sheets and the insert. I found another unused Palitoy DV Tie and exchanged the contents. I now have Kenner wings, a sticker sheet and and insert that are looking for a (collector's edition) Kenner box and cockpit. :)

Next: new stuff.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
sw_imperial_troop_transport_anh_palitoy 001.jpg

Still need a replacement vehicle for this as someone seemingly spilled ink on it.

sw_speederbike_rotj_bi-logo_moto_jet_pbp 001.jpg

Moto Jet!

sw_tie_fighter_anh_kenner_german 007.jpg

German Tie Jäger! Formerly shrink wrapped.

sw_endor_chase_playpack_potf_trilogo 007.jpg

Endor Chase playpack! The Wicket is obviously a bit suspect for being original to this set, but who knows, maybe Palitoy had no more Wicket baggies left and ordered some overstock from the US? Anyway, looking for a correct Wicket baggie to supplement the set.

sw_hoth_rescue_playpack_potf_playpack 007.jpg

Finally: Hoth Rescue!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I would say the wicket is legit, they literally chucked whatever they had in these play packs. I still have my POTF Endor Combat set that I got for Christmas 1986. Wicket and Teebo came on 79 Back Kenner cards and the stormtroopers came on Trilogo cards. I've seen all types of different combinations. Baggies with cards, just baggies and both baggies and cards. A factor for me is the way the card is folded, it's really neat. Loads of Kenner stuff ended up in the UK towards the end.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Forgot about this one.

sw_turret-probot_esb_kenner 007.jpg

Turret/Probot box variant. Yes, the slash makes the difference. :LOL: Box has sustained water damage in the past, so looking for an upgrade.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I would say the wicket is legit, they literally chucked whatever they had in these play packs. I still have my POTF Endor Combat set that I got for Christmas 1986. Wicket and Teebo came on 79 Back Kenner cards and the stormtroopers came on Trilogo cards. I've seen all types of different combinations. Baggies with cards, just baggies and both baggies and cards. A factor for me is the way the card is folded, it's really neat. Loads of Kenner stuff ended up in the UK towards the end.

Thanks, I was thinking along those lines as well. Although my wicket isn't folded. It's a cut card.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks, I was thinking along those lines as well. Although my wicket isn't folded. It's a cut card.
Ah I didn't realise it was a cut card. No idea then, mine were all folded. Can't really see the factory cutting the card to fit in, but wouldn't surprise me. Impossible to ever tell for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom