My small SW and ESB collection.

morrid12

Padawan
Hi everyone,
While visiting my parents at Christmas I took the urge to have a look at my collection that has been in their loft for nearly 30 years...and fell in love with my figures all over again.
Being mainly Jedi & tri-logos I don't have many SW or ESB carded figures but I brought them home with me and on this great forum I found out about GW cases and bought some for my figures.
The cases really add an extra dimension to the figures.
I'm loving the forum but have so much to learn and to get my head around. When I was collecting as a youngster I had no Idea about A,B,C backing cards or of the variations in figures etc. I just looked in the sci-fi mags, found some ads for SW sellers (I was saddened to read on here of Jim Stevenson's passing. I got some of the figures in my pictures from Jim) and phoned them to see if they had a Stormtrooper or Darth Vader figure etc and then spent agonising days watching the postman go up and down our avenue. No internet in those days and the frenzy that goes with it.
Time will tell if I try and add to my collection. It's always been in the back of my mind that I never completed a 12 back collection 30 years ago but I have half of them so it's a decent starting point, though I realise to add to it, even if they're available, my eyes will be watering quite a lot prices wise.
I'm enjoying everyone's experience, knowledge and collections and hope that you like my small collection.

Attachments

• IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4501.JPG
    IMG_4501.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4503.JPG
    IMG_4503.JPG
    337.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4505.JPG
    IMG_4505.JPG
    511.8 KB · Views: 89

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Wow, you did well to buy that lot in the early 90s, that's a fair uplift in price you have on your hands there!! They all look in lovely condition, I'm assuming they aren't reveals?

Did you just lose interest and stop collecting 30 years ago knowing you were sitting on a lovely nest egg?! Were you collecting back then as an investment or hobby?

morrid12

Padawan
Wow, you did well to buy that lot in the early 90s, that's a fair uplift in price you have on your hands there!! They all look in lovely condition, I'm assuming they aren't reveals?

Did you just lose interest and stop collecting 30 years ago knowing you were sitting on a lovely nest egg?! Were you collecting back then as an investment or hobby?
Hi Scooternick,
Thanks.
TBH I'm so out of touch with things that showing my ignorance, I don't even know what a "reveal" is. Could you advise me please?

I moved quite far from home to go to college and never moved back home. As life moved on I just fell away from collecting without really noticing it as it happened.

I still think that the cardbacks were/are the best figure packaging of any toy line there's been, so collecting them was purely a hobby for me and back then I had no concept of them being a nest egg or an investment. I just enjoyed enjoying them if that makes a kind of sense.

By chance my dad mentioned them when I was home at Christmas and I took an urge to go up to the loft and have a look at them again.

Cheers.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Hi Scooternick,
Thanks.
TBH I'm so out of touch with things that showing my ignorance, I don't even know what a "reveal" is. Could you advise me please?

I moved quite far from home to go to college and never moved back home. As life moved on I just fell away from collecting without really noticing it as it happened.

I still think that the cardbacks were/are the best figure packaging of any toy line there's been, so collecting them was purely a hobby for me and back then I had no concept of them being a nest egg or an investment. I just enjoyed enjoying them if that makes a kind of sense.

By chance my dad mentioned them when I was home at Christmas and I took an urge to go up to the loft and have a look at them again.

Cheers.
So sorry, I meant 'reseal'. I blame my phone!!

UKS

Jedi Knight
Lovely! I've been enjoying digging my old collections out of storage - It's like collecting them all over again!

morrid12

Padawan
Lovely! I've been enjoying digging my old collections out of storage - It's like collecting them all over again!
Hi UKS, Thanks. yes revisiting them again after such a long time was actually quite exciting as I couldn't remember what was there. Only thing now is that it may have sown the seed for me to try and restart collecting, even at today's prices!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Wow, amazing. Well done to your dad for telling you to have a look. They are great carded there, and I would guess you didn't pay more than £100 for any of them?

Cracking story, love this type if thing.

Palifan

Sith Lord
You have some fantastic figures in your collection and I remember the buzz I had years ago when I bought my first moc and all of my childhood memories came flooding back to me (especially when I bought a few Palitoy reseals and saw that logo again!).

Great story and great collection. Even if you don't end up adding to it, at least you have a really nice selection to enjoy :)

Ian

morrid12

Padawan
Me neither! I've been collecting for 20 years and I'm still learning.
and A,B,C has been one of the easier variants for me to grasp. Cards where the figure in the bubble doesn't actually appear on the back of the card, K or no K's, factories etc mean I respect those with the knowledge of all of this off the top of their head!

morrid12

Padawan
Wow, amazing. Well done to your dad for telling you to have a look. They are great carded there, and I would guess you didn't pay more than £100 for any of them?

Cracking story, love this type if thing.
Thanks Lee, wondering if it was good or bad that my dad mentioned them again as it could start me off on a very, very expensive journey :eek:
No, price wise, I was too young to even consider paying something like £100 back then. Like everyone though, what I'd give to be able to do so now 😂
Like so many people it was such a part of my childhood that lay dormant for a long time without me actually ever letting go of it, so I still have many fond memories.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom