No more playset and vehicle of the year

Pomse2001

Grand Master
After sleeping on it, I have choosen not to do playset and vehicle of the year anymore. I have done this for the forum, but since the poll forum is not ready for it and I am apparently not allowed to do it in vintage collecting chat. Then I have choosen to stop doing it. If any other members want to continue to do playset and vehicle of the year then they are welcome to do it. I just feel I run my head against the wall and I can use my spare time better.

Sorry about that guys.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Lars, you may remember that members voted overwhelmingly not to allow polls in the main forum. That is why I said I would prefer to wait until the polling forum is fixed. I no longer have admin access to the forum software so cannot enable polls in that sub forum, we will need to wait until Blackbeard can do it. Why not just wait until it is ready, I'm sure nobody will mind waiting a week or two?

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I agree Lars, the polls are a lot of fun and it would be a shame if they didn't continue. I hope you will pick them up again once the forum software has been fixed.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I too appreciate all the hard work you put in running and maintaining the polls for us all Lars. However, I also appreciate that it must take up an awful lot of your time, and when you come up against obstacles that are not of your making, but which hamper your ability to run them as you would wish, that must be frustrating.

Thank you for all the work you have put in and for all the enjoyment you have brought us with these polls over the years.

Jeremy

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I think it's a shame that at the point where forums are haemorrhaging traffic to the Facebook groups and are in serious need of innovation some of the features that made the forum fun and interesting are going backwards rather than forwards.

Lars asked a month ago and it should really of been sorted out. This and Stuart's forum figure of the year are a major draw for me and if people are put off dedicating their time to it, it will be a big loss.

The change of look and format is always hard for some of the older members to get to grips with without losing some of its more cherished features. It runs the risk of alienating more members.

You did a great job of running the forum under budget and time constraints Edd but if it's to leave a lasting legacy some of these finer points need addressing by the new owners. Just my opinion.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I know I should have used the poll forum, but it did not work there. Lejackal asked about the problems jul, 31 on the forum https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/polls-votes.42739/ and I have hoped the problem would be fixed fast. Last month I asked about the same problem in the same thread as lejackal. But I could not wait forever and since vintage collecting chat was the only forum where I could do it at the moment then I began there. I do not know who moved the thread into the poll forum so people could not vote anymore and I do not care or need to know who did it. But because of the problems with the poll on the forum then I do not think it was nice to move it so members could not vote anymore, we had waited since jul, 31 where the error first were reported and no one knew when the error would be fixed. It would have been better to let the vote run and then move it when it was finished. I could also not begin on group B because I was sure that one also would be moved so people also could not vote in that group. I had hoped I could have begun on group A sep, 1 st. but it was still not fixed and I was thinking lejackal have reported it jul, 31 so it was something that would take a long time to fix. But I don't think it is ok that because something do not work on one part of the forum, then we should stop doing it until it is fixed. We should be large enough just to say it does not work here but then we can do it another place on the forum until the problem is fixed. I don't think it is good for the forum to stop members in doing good things for the forum when the traffic to the Facebook groups is so big. The forum need to go forwards and not backwards or else more and more will leave for facebook groups.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I do appreciate your frustration Lars, but the decision to wait until the polling was fixed was based on an overwhelming majority saying that they didn't want polls in the main forum less than two years ago. So what I am trying to do IS listening to members.

Of course if opinions have changed and people do want polls back in here, we can do that.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
@Pomse2001 Lars, it was me who moved it. It was innocent modding! Saw it was in the Vintage chat, so just automatically moved it to the polling forum. Didn't realise the polling forum hadn't been working until I saw your subsequent post about cancelling and then Edd's replies. Sorry for any offence and inconvenience caused, was just trying to do my job.

Hopefully it's working now though 😎

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I also take responsibility, it's been a hectic 30 days, all personal issues.

Feel free to hound me until something is fixed.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
@Pomse2001 Lars, it was me who moved it. It was innocent modding! Saw it was in the Vintage chat, so just automatically moved it to the polling forum. Didn't realise the polling forum hadn't been working until I saw your subsequent post about cancelling and then Edd's replies. Sorry for any offence and inconvenience caused, was just trying to do my job.

Hopefully it's working now though 😎
No problem mate, it is not your fault since you did not know it was not working in the polling forum. You only did your job. I will give playset and vehicle of the year a chance again since it was no ones fault. But just and idea the next time you move maybe you should write a note in the thread why you move it. Then I could have contacted you about why I did it in the other forum. Also a lesson to me, I could have wrote on the forum, that I would do it on the other forum because the poll forum did not work.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I also take responsibility, it's been a hectic 30 days, all personal issues.

Feel free to hound me until something is fixed.
Thanks, I just thought you were so busy or it was a change that would take a long time to fix so that I would not contact you again and again about the problem was not fixed yet :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom