Old man moaning

lejackal

Grand Master
Welcome to my unapologetic moaning thread, enjoy!*

*women and other genders are fully welcome to moan, the title is more about than you.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
2. Why does the BBC News Sport section now default to Womens fixtures and scores? By all means do it on days when there are no mens PL games, and I am perfectly happy for Womens football to get some or even equal exposure, but I shouldn't have to manually change the fixtures and scores from womens to mens PL every time I visit or refresh the page.

Example: all day on Sunday it defaulted to the Womens FA Cup final, even though there were 10 PL fixtures being played that day.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Why is everything these days set up by default as a podcast or a video? Would a well written article be too much to ask for?!
Yep this annoys me too. I want to know how to fix or assemble something, so a set of photos and instructions would be ideal. Not a Youtube video full of adverts where the first half an hour is just shameless self promotion, and the 12 seconds of the video you actually need is sandwiched in the middle somewhere.

lejackal

Grand Master
On the subject of the beeb why have they resorted to publishing crap from the wankers at AFTV? Couldn't they spring for the Athletic subscription?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
2. Why does the BBC News Sport section now default to Womens fixtures and scores? By all means do it on days when there are no mens PL games, and I am perfectly happy for Womens football to get some or even equal exposure, but I shouldn't have to manually change the fixtures and scores from womens to mens PL every time I visit or refresh the page.

Example: all day on Sunday it defaulted to the Womens FA Cup final, even though there were 10 PL fixtures being played that day.
Oh, I agree with this 100%! The BBC news and sport website is enormously woke and left-leaning politically, and there is a deliberate attempt to force the public to like Women's football and other sports by shoving it into everyone's face, even though almost nobody asked for it. Like you, I have no objection to women's football or other sports existing, but let's not kid ourselves; the overwhelming majority of football fans follow the men's game and not the women's. By all means have a separate section for the women's game on the BBC, but stop deliberately trying to catch out people wanting to follow the men's game by either disguising or over-promoting the women's game on the website!

They think that by raising the 'visibility' of the sport they can make people like it, but that isn't how it works. And for that matter, why mainly women's football? Why not Women's Basketball? Why not disabled table tennis? Why not transgender tiddlywinks? Why not half-Innuit, half-Fijian Downs Syndrome wheelchair Bridge?

And as for the BBC news pages (and even more so the articles on the site), enough with the woke, left-wing bias! I'm not right-leaning politically, but that doesn't mean I want everything to be left-leaning! The BBC should be impartial politically, just like the entertainment industry should be, but definitely isn't!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Why do football clubs employ stewards who are either:

1 - aged about 13
2 - overweight
3 - can't run for ****

I've seen this several times this season at Kenilworth Road watching my beloved Luton. Pitch invasion at one game and the steward couldn't keep up with them. Seeing what happened to Billy Sharp last night and a few Luton players on Monday this needs looking at.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
On the subject of Women's football, here's a quote from BBC Sport today about pay inequality in sport:

The United States women's team have won four World Cups. The best finish from their male equivalents was third place in 1930.

OK yes, I completely agree with pay equality in the workplace and in sport, assuming things like the sponsorship deals, broadcast revenue, prize pots etc support equal pay (as that is where most of the money comes from.)

BUT the above quote implies the women's USA football team is better than the men's team. What would be the score if they played each other - 10-0, 15-0 to the men? You simply cannot compare men's and women's football in terms of ability, and that's not down to equality or opportunity, as the article is implying.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter

100% this. I could not give a **** about women's football, it's shite and most of them are shite at it. So why do the BBC insist on telling me all about it on their sports app? Make it an opt in option, or give us the option to opt out, but FFS stop telling me about it.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As for women's football. The US women do not get equal pay as they claim. They get paid MORE than the men. I remember seeing a video that explained it all but the basic jist is that as the men are all professional and men's football has more money in it, they get insurance and physios etc. all as stand from the club's. The women don't. The US FA paid the women a bit less, but they got insurance and physios plus higher win bonuses etc (I think that's right) as they play more games, make more tournaments and go further in them, the average women gets paid more than the man. The women now want the same salary as the men, but with their bonuses' and insurance intact. Which works out at substantially more than the men. Cos that's "fair" so says that purple haired lesbian who leeds the US women anyway.

I don't know which is more popular in America, women's or men's football, but in Europe it's men's by a factor of ten at least.

How long before some daft women's footballer demands pay equality with Messi etc. cos she is the best woman footballer in the world!?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
As long as they do their household chores before they play, then it's OK by me ( love winding the wife up with that)

lejackal

Grand Master
My kid spending 40 quid on a new Mario game to play it for two days and then sit watching other people play different games on YouTube 🙄🤬

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Adverts that make men look like absolute imbeciles. Just saw an ad for Ocean Finance, where the bloke was a complete incompetent buffoon, but his savvy wife sorted it out by getting a loan from Ocean. If this was the other way around there would be an outcry.

Women have had to put up with a crazy amount of horrific sexism for centuries, but does that make it OK to be sexist to men? Whenever some young, handsome sports coach or supply teacher comes into work, all the women immediately start gossiping about him, nudge nudge, wink wink etc, including the older female members of staff. If myself and the other men I work with, were the same with the young attractive women, I dread to think what would happen! I wouldn't talk about a woman like that anyway, but you get the point! As a senior member of staff, I've mentioned this, only to be met with rolling eyes etc.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yep I completely agree Cazza. It's perfectly fine to be horrible/judgemental/sleazy about some people, just not others. As an example, it bothers me when people are nasty about kids who go to private school - as if a 12 year old at Eton has any more control over who their parents are than a kid born in an Indian slum does. Reverse snobbery is wholly acceptable apparently.

lejackal

Grand Master
I'll caveat this in that I love my kids and I'm proud of both of them, especially how well they behave for other people and at school etc, however, why for the love of everything do they treat me and my requests to behave like ive gone mad?! Honestly it's like living with Kevin and Perry ages 8 and 4 🤬

UKS

Jedi Knight
My wife just rhad a go at me for buying Beanburgers in the family shop I did. After she wrote on the shopping list "beanburgers". Apparently this meant "buy the ingredients for beanburgers". So we can home cook beanburgers.

Not happy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom