On the shelves of New York

TC-14

Sith Lord
Okay, okay... it's all new stuff, granted. And will probably raise an eyebrow from our American brothers... but I've just been sent this little clip from my niece who is currently in NYC.

I've no idea what department store she's in (the message cryptically arrived without heading or accompanying text), but I've got to admit: my heart raced just a little upon seeing the three deep boxed Kenner Vintage Series X-Wing Fighters.

It's still quite a way off to the release of Episode VII... if this is what the stock is looking like now, imagine what it's going to be like come Christmas, 2014!

http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Martin_TC14/media/Star%20Wars%20Collection%201979/Latest%20Star%20Wars%20Purchases/StarWarsNYC2013_zps047bed7d.mp4.html

TC-14

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
If Disney have the licence for the toy line I dread to think.
:lol: :lol:
I'm quietly confident we're not going to witness 3 and 3/4 inch figures complete with Mickey Mouse ears on the shelves :wink:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I saw that xwing in my local Toys R Us on Saturday. £70, it looks awesome, and the Missus asked me what I want for Christmas the other day... :wink:

I must be strong and stick to the real Vintage, but those modern vintage boxes look so good :twisted:

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
Frunkstar said:
TC-14 said:
Frunkstar said:
If Disney have the licence for the toy line I dread to think.
:lol: :lol:
I'm quietly confident we're not going to witness 3 and 3/4 inch figures complete with Mickey Mouse ears on the shelves :wink:

Don't hold your breath
I fear it's to late :lol: :lol:
Unknown_zps0bae13a3.jpg

and yes I do own a set of these (we all love Disney in our house :D )

ODB

Jedi Master
Looks like FAO Schwarz. They and the Toys R Us in Times Square always carry a load of stock, reminds me of the good old days, before the dark times.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
ODB said:
Looks like FAO Schwarz. They and the Toys R Us in Times Square always carry a load of stock, reminds me of the good old days, before the dark times.

Me and the Mrs got a bollocking at the Toys R Us Times Square for climbing into a Cabbage Patch Kids display and taking photos of each other titting around

TC-14

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
I rest my case, we will have princess Leia barbie's b4 you know it :eek:
Stay on topic, Frank: Barbie is Mattel territory, I do believe :wink: I don't know about you my friend, but I'm looking forward to Star Wars On Ice :lol:

ODB said:
Looks like FAO Schwarz.
'Twas indeed (I found out later), ODB- good spot 8) It was taken at the flagship store on 5th Avenue.

PIGCITY said:
Me and the Mrs got a bollocking at the Toys R Us Times Square for climbing into a Cabbage Patch Kids display and taking photos of each other titting around
Them's the kind of shenanigans you want to be getting up to whilst enjoying a city break. Like it.

Stormtrooper37 said:
Toys R Us - just leaves me cold with whatever it sells, nothing will or can replace the original vintage lines of any toyline be it Star Wars or another vintage brand (Gobots, MOTU, etc)
I see where you're coming from Paul, and I've got to admit; I have felt the same overwhelming chilly ambience that these new fangled toy stores bestow upon the unsuspecting customer.

But, this video has a connection with a vintage Star Wars spot highlighted by Andy (chazb73) just last week... Cagney and Lacey (remember them?) shopping in FAO Schwarz circa 1982, with some ESB 'MOCs' on the racks at 0:17 (top of screen right) on Ryan's YouTube link :D

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17938

Kind of nice to see the past reaching in to the present day!

ODB

Jedi Master
If you watch Big (with Tom Hanks) it has FAO Schwarz in it from 1988 and you can spot a load of toys in the background, everything from MASK to Lego. Sadly no Star Wars though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom