Other Vintage Collections

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thundercats addition this Is all original and fully sealed just a crease across the top of card but happy with this addition

Attachments

• C019CDDE-0BD0-4F7C-8081-C04BE0DEBC41.jpeg
    C019CDDE-0BD0-4F7C-8081-C04BE0DEBC41.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 38

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thundercats addition this Is all original and fully sealed just a crease across the top of card but happy with this addition
That's another great addition to the collection Mike and you certainly do seem to have the gift for finding these things, top purchase!

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's my latest addition to my Tomland Starroid Raiders, late 70's toy line. You might notice that he has a more than passing resemblance of a certain Wookie friend of ours and I can imagine a fair few disappointed kids back then receiving these for Christmas from their Nan thinking they had found their grandchild a Star Wars treasure!
IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg

I love this oddball toy line and if you look in the background you might also see a couple of other ones that were trying to get in on that Star Wars celebrity wave :)

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's my latest addition to my Tomland Starroid Raiders, late 70's toy line. You might notice that he has a more than passing resemblance of a certain Wookie friend of ours and I can imagine a fair few disappointed kids back then receiving these for Christmas from their Nan thinking they had found their grandchild a Star Wars treasure!
View attachment 106055View attachment 106054
I love this oddball toy line and if you look in the background you might also see a couple of other ones that were trying to get in on that Star Wars celebrity wave :)

Ian
These look awesome cracking figures

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter

Ian
Those look to be in terrific condition. I'm not familiar with the line, but they definitely fit in excellently with the rest of your collection. Congratulations on picking them up.

Jeremy

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Throw back to simpler times, where today's Pre requisites are high definition sculpts, 1600 points of articulation, ecologically sourced garment material, ha ha etc, the naivety and simplicity of figure runs like this for kids of the era, allowed them to use their imagination.
love seeing these collections you have Ian, along with the Mego characters as well. Although they do tempt me to go down different avenues ( must resist!)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys and the toys that seem to speak to me most are ones that still look like toys and were made to be played with when they were created. I certainly see the appeal of very accurate looking, high end toys and own a few myself but the ones I always seem to get the most enjoyment out of looking at are the much more basic ones with limited movement.

There's a charm to them that I know isn't for everyone but it's nice to have a group of them together and for me my collection has always been about variety.

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Mike, that Panthro is awesome.

Love the Tomland figures, Ian. Not something you see every day and as you say, some of them were certainly inspired by SW.

Got this today: Unused Palitoy Action Force retailer sticker sheet, for retailers to produce their own adverts etc. Never seen one before.

Attachments

• 20210728_121337.jpg
    20210728_121337.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 40

lejackal

Grand Master

Love the Tomland figures, Ian. Not something you see every day and as you say, some of them were certainly inspired by SW.

Got this today: Unused Palitoy Action Force retailer sticker sheet, for retailers to produce their own adverts etc. Never seen one before.
Nice one! Glad you got this one

lejackal

Grand Master
View attachment 106055View attachment 106054

Ian
I've never really seen these or probably even been aware of their existence but there's no getting away from the fact that they're awesome 😎

Palifan

Sith Lord

Nice one Andy, not something you see every day with the sticker sheet, you've got to love anything with the Palitoy name on it :)

Also thanks for the comment from you and Carl about my recent purchase. It's probably be a long time before I get anything from this toy line but it's always worth the wait.

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
I don't think I've shared this before. I never had the toys (I was all about Games Workshop by the time they came out) but I've great memories of watching the film with my mum and sister at the Theatre One in Coventry

Attachments

• 2E93095E-739A-453C-AA5E-34320FAB5947.jpeg
    2E93095E-739A-453C-AA5E-34320FAB5947.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 32

Palifan

Sith Lord
I don't think I've shared this before. I never had the toys (I was all about Games Workshop by the time they came out) but I've great memories of watching the film with my mum and sister at the Theatre One in Coventry
These came out way after my toy playing time was up but I loved seeing the film in the cinema and picked up a lot of loose ones for my boy when he was young. I was impressed with how well they were sculpted and can see the appeal although they look even better on the card :)

Ian

Dad of Luke

Padawan
I've loved trawling through this thread. I collect literally all kinds of things, but somethings are just too damn expensive to own many of, not to mention the space they take up!!

Attachments

• 20210805_141307.jpg
    20210805_141307.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 31

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Had a complete Thundertank for ages boxed with a tread missing, manage to pick up an original tread from eBay, for not much money so have a complete boxe Thundertank now for the collection, really happy to pick this up 😄😄

Attachments

• EE3BBF5C-3473-44A3-BD7B-6D23D2D39CFF.jpeg
    EE3BBF5C-3473-44A3-BD7B-6D23D2D39CFF.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 15FC27DE-AA97-4812-97A3-16018BEDD766.jpeg
    15FC27DE-AA97-4812-97A3-16018BEDD766.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 33

Palifan

Sith Lord
Another great addition to your collection Mike and it must be great to finally complete this one. I know Super7 were crowd funding a larger one of these this year (never did check to see if they managed it), but to have an original in box is much better in my opinion.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Had a complete Thundertank for ages boxed with a tread missing, manage to pick up an original tread from eBay, for not much money so have a complete boxe Thundertank now for the collection, really happy to pick this up 😄😄
Lovely Thunder Tank mate, I'm still reeling from selling my childhood one boxed at a car boot in 1999 for £5! Gragrats on completing yours.

lejackal

Grand Master
Another great addition to your collection Mike and it must be great to finally complete this one. I know Super7 were crowd funding a larger one of these this year (never did check to see if they managed it), but to have an original in box is much better in my opinion.

Ian
It's available on Zavvi for preorder so I assume so 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom