Palitoy 45a Power Droid MOC finally surfaced!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Do we actually know what it sold for?

Chances are it did sell to the first person in there. May not be the first person who posted on the thread admittedly.

What is the value of it? In general aren't these item valued at what someone is prepared to pay for it? Surely if the seller is happy that's what matters? Id have imagined they had extra offers thrown at them and could have accepted them...however unfair on the original buyer that would be.

If someone had offered $500 and he agreed? Would it be unfair on the seller if someone then says 'I'd have paind $800? Isn't it then selling under its value?

That said, certainly compared to what other 45a's go for on average it was sold for a lot less.

I'm certainly not happy I missed out. But these things happen. I've missed out on loads of pieces recently. Heck of the 4 new 45a's that showed up in the last 18 months, I missed 3!! And they all sold for far less than an average for 45a's.

Good going for the buyer who got in there.

plantman

Sith Lord
I certainly dont blame the seller for not selling to the first person that said ill have it.

Its such a rare piece, but i do think there is a way to go about gettting the right price for it, maybe to get a true valuation of it first and then re-offer it.

I wonder how many PM's he got saying "ill pay this" or "whatever you get offered let em know and ill beat it"

I like the idea of him setting an auction up, and then he would get a fair price and everyone gets a crack at it.

deep down i think there will have been a LOT of back-dooring on this one

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
Do we actually know what it sold for?

Chances are it did sell to the first person in there. May not be the first person who posted on the thread admittedly.

What is the value of it? In general aren't these item valued at what someone is prepared to pay for it? Surely if the seller is happy that's what matters? Id have imagined they had extra offers thrown at them and could have accepted them...however unfair on the original buyer that would be.

If someone had offered $500 and he agreed? Would it be unfair on the seller if someone then says 'I'd have paind $800? Isn't it then selling under its value?

That said, certainly compared to what other 45a's go for on average it was sold for a lot less.

I'm certainly not happy I missed out. But these things happen. I've missed out on loads of pieces recently. Heck of the 4 new 45a's that showed up in the last 18 months, I missed 3!! And they all sold for far less than an average for 45a's.

Good going for the buyer who got in there.

No one can win them all Gaz, not even Mr K lol! Hope it surfaces again for sale at a reasonable price so u can have a chance 2 bag it!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Too true. Doesn't stop me from trying though :wink:

I'm just amazed at how much interest this particular figure has generated

wookieboogie78

Padawan
sith-smith said:
Too true. Doesn't stop me from trying though :wink:

I'm just amazed at how much interest this particular figure has generated
Could this be that you were not aware one existed or that you lost out like so many :(

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think it's great that pieces like this surface and generally go for much less than they 'could' have sold for. It proves that dedication and a little luck are still king in finding those top pieces. I hate the thought of the person with the most money always winning. I don't get any satisfaction from looking at collections of stupid people that have obviously just thrown tens of thousands of dollars at Brians Toys. I can think of a couple on RS.

itfciain

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
I think it's great that pieces like this surface and generally go for much less than they 'could' have sold for. It proves that dedication and a little luck are still king in finding those top pieces. I hate the thought of the person with the most money always winning. I don't get any satisfaction from looking at collections of stupid people that have obviously just thrown tens of thousands of dollars at Brians Toys. I can think of a couple on RS.

Name and shame
Name and shame

:D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Not naming names, but I can think of 2 or 3 guys that constantly boast about how rich they are, and their collecetions look like they've put no thought into it at all. AFA 90 12 backs - exciting! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom