Palitoy ROTJ 65 Back Twin Stem Bubble Stormtrooper Valuation Needed

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
As per the title I would like anyone to give the value of this carded figure.
Card is near perfect no crease or bends anywhere on it,The only flaws I can find is that the bubble has been squashed in on both sides pushing the top of the bubble which I hope the pictures show the bubble is clear no browning at all and a small crease on the back.

If I get any replies I will be listing for sale on here,thanks Dave.

[/url

lejackal

Grand Master
Sorry mate, no idea on this one, good luck with the sale though and thanks for the pm earlier :)

lejackal

Grand Master
I passed on it mate, looking for one in better condition to be honest, thought yours was great with all the stickers though as well as the 2 different offers.

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
I've added a picture showing the press mark which is left when the bubble is attached due to concerns that this might have been a toytoni but the figure is not on a known card/bubble combo so it's in the clear.
Hoping that a few people can give a value so that I can get it up for sale on here.

lejackal

Grand Master
chewbaccadave said:
I've added a picture showing the press mark which is left when the bubble is attached due to concerns that this might have been a toytoni but the figure is not on a known card/bubble combo so it's in the clear.
Hoping that a few people can give a value so that I can get it up for sale on here.
Sent you a PM mate with some info, not to buy unfortunately. No more credits this month :cry:

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Hi Dave,

I take it you're keeping the other mint one you have in the pics on PhotoBucket?

I'd say £70-£80 in that condition. I'd have had that off you myself but that bubble is a bit too damaged for my liking.

Andy

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
Andyclarke said:
Hi Dave,

I take it you're keeping the other mint one you have in the pics on PhotoBucket?

I'd say £70-£80 in that condition. I'd have had that off you myself but that bubble is a bit too damaged for my liking.

Andy

I would be happy to sell/trade them both as long as I can get another,easier to find,carded stormtrooper.I'm trying to get as many different carded figures (that I don't already have) before I hit the ones that I can't really afford.

maxf

Jedi Master
Im with Andy on this one - definitely sub £100 - with the bubble damage I really couldn't see it going for more and probably more in the 75-85 range.

The card is definitely nice, shame about the bubble but that would put a lot of collectors off I think.

Good luck with it if you decide to sell (not one for me though this time).

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looking at the thread it looks like tundra9 was the first person interested in having it, I think you should see what he thinks about possibly getting it.

I'm just saying :)

Ian

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
So did tundra9 get a look in for this one or is it going to the highest bidder?

I have been in touch with tundra9 regarding this figure seeing as people think i'm running a "highest bidder" thread.The valuations have been given AFTER he posted. The first one 3 days after the dibbs and then a offer of a trade and 2 prices yesterday so was I meant to put it up for sale after the first valuation?
If that's how it works i'll keep an eye out for valuation threads with 1 low valuation and claim it for myself in the future :D .
Now there are a few valuations I will publicly offer it to tundra9 for £100 delivered as a gift payment or he pays the fees.

lejackal

Grand Master
chewbaccadave said:
Palifan said:

I have been in touch with tundra9 regarding this figure seeing as people think i'm running a "highest bidder" thread.The valuations have been given AFTER he posted. The first one 3 days after the dibbs and then a offer of a trade and 2 prices yesterday so was I meant to put it up for sale after the first valuation?
If that's how it works i'll keep an eye out for valuation threads with 1 low valuation and claim it for myself in the future :D .
Now there are a few valuations I will publicly offer it to tundra9 for £100 delivered as a gift payment or he pays the fees.
Which in fairness to Dave is the same price as one I showed him on ebay that sold and had a couple of flaws but wasn't listed as the rarer bubble type and about £20-30 less than I said I thought it was worth. He also had valuations between £150 and £200 from 2 separate people (although that may be for the minty one rather than the the one on the thread) and 2 valuations between £70 and £100 based on the one pictured so I think he is (a) being fair with his pricing and (b) being fair in giving tundra first refusal.
Well thats my 2 pence worth

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
chewbaccadave said:
Palifan said:

Which in fairness to Dave is the same price as one I showed him on ebay that sold and had a couple of flaws but wasn't listed as the rarer bubble type and about £20-30 less than I said I thought it was worth. He also had valuations between £150 and £200 from 2 separate people (although that may be for the minty one rather than the the one on the thread) and 2 valuations between £70 and £100 based on the one pictured so I think he is (a) being fair with his pricing and (b) being fair in giving tundra first refusal.
Well thats my 2 pence worth

Thank you so much for this as I feel I've been given a rough ride over this thread.Just so everyone knows if tundra9 accepts my offer I will then end up with no Stormtrooper figure as I have sold the nicer one privately (I never asked for a valuation for that one on here or anywhere else).

tundra9

Sith Lord
There were some wording in a pm that confused me about the offers mentioned by palifan, and dave explained further in a pm to me. No bad blood here, and no offense was meant.

In regards to the stormie, thanks Dave but I'll pass mate, no hard feelings.

Palifan

Sith Lord
All I wanted was to see the first person who mentioned having interest in it contacted first. reading the thread it does seem like people slightly ignored tundr9's post a bit and after some recent problem Iain had with PM's and mentioning interest in the thread at the same time I was trying to make sure this sort of thing didn't become a habit, especially with new people joining the forum all the time.

It's good to see the intention was always going to be reaching out to the first person in the thread and as for the value it was something I never had interest in as I have no knowledge with this particular figure. As said in another thread there are very few rules on this forum other than listing a price when selling an item and few others. As this is a valuation thread there's no need to be a price but I've seen the PM's fly whenever someone wants an opinion on something people are after. I'm sure some of this comes from people doing it just to make sure someone else doesn't slide in front of them in the queue and I've really not got any idea how to deal with this sort of thing......maybe we should all start asking for valuations of Phantom Menace toys!

Anyway, no bad blood was meant by any of my comments to chewbaccadave and hopefully people can see that I just wanted to keep things fair, after all it might be you one of us in a similar situation one day.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom