Paypal International Refunds

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
That's really bad. I think you should explain the situation honestly on his for sale thread on RS. I think potential buyers need to know :(

All this 'respected member' and 'old timer' reassurance is becoming worthless with the way some of them are acting. You'd have more confidence dealing on ebay than RS these days.

Josh

Sith Lord
I agree even a watchout!Just be polite about it etc just explain what happened and how it seems a little odd the circumstances surounding the transaction etc!That way if someone did back door you without the courtesy of a reach around and the item pops up in someone elses limelight we will no for sure I reckon that is what has happened!

Josh

Sith Lord
I am going to be starting one myself in the next couple of weeks because of the difficulty I have been having with a long time member so the **** will hit the fan then anyway LOL oh I cant wait!!

AndyG

Jedi Knight
I'd rather wait until the refund of the fees has been sorted and then all the pieces are in place. He might be making the refund now. I might have to recover it from him in a few days time.

I'll have to re-register at RS. The problem with RS is he is part of the RS Bootleg group so you just know the way the thread will go :roll: it will just end as me being the bad guy and turn into another love in.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Josh said:
I am going to be starting one myself in the next couple of weeks because of the difficulty I have been having with a long time member so the **** will hit the fan then anyway LOL oh I cant wait!!

I've done about 12 deals in the last 12 months through forums (RS, Jedi Defender and ToyTraderz) with US based people . 8 of them have had some problem or another - be it slow shipping (7 months), overcharging for postage with the understanding that the difference would be refunded but no refund being given and flaking on a deal once the payment has been made to name three. All 8 were people who had history on forums - not 3 post "hello I have some lili ledy to sell from mexico" type people.

I'm not sure what is going on with US sellers at the moment, especially through forum sales, but I can honestly say in over 10 years of dealing with the US I have never encountered such a level of trouble. I've had no trouble with ebay sales from the US during this time whatsoever.

Josh

Sith Lord
Just be polite about it!Maybe start a thread on what is proper etiquette etc for selling on RS and when can you back out on a deal ie after money has been handed over etc!You dont even have to mention names at first just explain what happened and see what happens!I will chime in and say its crap fin it dont worry about that and I am sure alot of the other members here will also!
People need to know that **** mate I reckon! Some of those guys think they are untouchables but it has been shown how easy it is to turn the tide on them if they are in the wrong!

I am also just waiting to get my refund and the proper item sent to me! The deal I did was on ebay but it was from an RS member who is renowned for bad packing from what I have been told!Especially when the items dont sell for what they thought they would!

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Josh said:
I am also just waiting to get my refund and the proper item sent to me! The deal I did was on ebay but it was from an RS member who is renowned for bad packing from what I have been told!Especially when the items dont sell for what they thought they would!

Bad news on that. I know what it is already as I was watching it and it ended a little over the £18 for import duty to here so I didn't bid.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I think there is a growing culture of poor service just because certain collectors believe they are 'in' with the crowd and can get away with it. The deals taking place usually involve substantial amounts of money and anyone who doesn't complete the deal promptly and courteously are not worthy of any respect whatsoever in my view. I don't care what they've done for the Gus's archive, or whether they've stood on the RS stand at CIV or whatever. RS really has to police these matters better imo.

Andy, I agree, wait for your fee refund but its well worth making the point honestly and politely, then leave it at that. Don't respond to any comeback from those not involved. If nobody stands up and gives their honest feedback then these situations will continue to spiral.

Josh

Sith Lord
I got two things from them one arrived damaged and the other was the wrong item LOL!They basically tried to shrug it off and make me out to be a fool for complaining!Then after several back and forth emails where I was polite as can be etc I was still getting vague responses etc from them!The stooge even called me a SHARK because I wanted what was fair ie they pay the return postage etc and send me the correct item!
It will all be explained in my thread but like Simon says (LOL no pun intended) people need to be aware of what some of these guys get upto otherwise they will continue to think their **** dont stink!

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Received the refund of the fees last night.

He actually sent me double the fees he owed and a thank you for not reading him the riot act in my communication with him. Although the flake selling and tying my money up was a pain at least he ended up taking responsibility for his actions - refunded everything and a little more for my trouble and apologising.

I'm going to ask some more discrete questions before posting anything at RS.

If somebody limelights that Weequay Emperor Offer cromalin on here next week - well done it looked a nice item :) and if you want to sell it, I know of a good home :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom