photos from jason Joiners collection from the 1980s

ace

Jedi Knight
Something for Palitoy fans ,1st photo was in my loft in the 80s

1497665_10153663013460294_1523243618_n.jpg

The photo of the star wars figures must have been taken around 1986/7 as i had two missing from my set at that time , so that pins it to around that year , i did manage to complete my palitoy set and all versants

1470112_10153663019110294_976672656_n.jpg

this was in my bedroom again , i do not think the wife would go along with this now days :)

jason

ace

Jedi Knight
Maulster79 said:
I spy Gary smiths TFP/Vader miscard.

There was a few of them going around back then, all you seen in the photos unless stated are still in my collection

i have not locked at these miscard for years

j

skywalker

Jedi Master
WOW, Holy smoke's.... Jason that is the best collection I have ever seen and I love the photo's,, I hope there are more to come... :D :D

So how did you afford all of this at the tender age of just 17..??

Damn I wish I had the memories you must have as I was to young to collect when the toy's originally came out it must have been great back then to have been a collector.

:D :D :D

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Fantastic! I remember going on our annual holiday to the Isle Of Man in 1986/7, some of the shops were full of stuff, nobody was buying it at all, sort of reminds me of those old toy shops. Great photos!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Fantastic pics and what a collection 8) it's more impressive than a shop display :lol:

ace

Jedi Knight
DarthStanley said:
Great pics Jason,keep them coming! 8)

Isn't that Joe_O's Ackbar/Sandperson miscard that now resides with Gary or is it another???

as i say i have this stuff still today so if you know someone that has one it must be another one :)

j

ace

Jedi Knight
DarthStanley said:
Great pics Jason,keep them coming! 8)

Isn't that Joe_O's Ackbar/Sandperson miscard that now resides with Gary or is it another???

as i say i have this stuff still today so if you know someone that has one it must be another one :)

j

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
All of the Freddy mercury Posed Ackbars on sandpeople MOCs are in this position. Its the only way they would fit in the bubble.

Joe will know but I believe there are 5-6 known examples.

Joe

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
All of the Freddy mercury Posed Ackbars on sandpeople MOCs are in this position. Its the only way they would fit in the bubble.

Joe will know but I believe there are 5-6 known examples.

Correct on both points Grant.

Mine now lives with Gary but when I owned it I did confirm there were 4 others out there. So, adding Jason's to the list and we are now up to 6.

Even the rarest miscard combinations are rarely unique unless they are real factory errors, most of them exist in multiples.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Another out of the world collection :shock:

I thought you were standing in a shop at first, then realised it was your collection. Incredible photo's - bet your glad you took the pic's back then (except the fashion :lol: - let you off it was the eighties after all).

Your right about Star Wars fading in 86/87 and fading very, very rapidly, was very uncool in those following years. I always remeber seeing Trilogo's in the bargain bins of shops and half heartedly looking at them, including Tri Yak's thinking Yak Face - WTF is Yak Face - the manufacturer is getting desperate now and I ain't buying that crap. What an idiot I was :roll:

skywalker

Jedi Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
Another out of the world collection :shock:

I thought you were standing in a shop at first, then realised it was your collection. Incredible photo's - bet your glad you took the pic's back then (except the fashion :lol: - let you off it was the eighties after all).

Your right about Star Wars fading in 86/87 and fading very, very rapidly, was very uncool in those following years. I always remeber seeing Trilogo's in the bargain bins of shops and half heartedly looking at them, including Tri Yak's thinking Yak Face - WTF is Yak Face - the manufacturer is getting desperate now and I ain't buying that crap. What an idiot I was :roll:

LOL.. :lol: :lol: If only you knew hey mate,, hindsight is a bitch..

Caswellbot

Sith Lord

skywalker

Jedi Master
WOW,, Some cracking Moc's there I love the Yoda and them Luke Bespin's.... What is the Lando figure..??

Jason are you posting anymore pic's of your collection.??

Cheers, :D :D

ace

Jedi Knight
skywalker said:
WOW,, Some cracking Moc's there I love the Yoda and them Luke Bespin's.... What is the Lando figure..??

Jason are you posting anymore pic's of your collection.??

Cheers, :D :D

no i have no more plans to put up more photos ;-)

just joking mate i will put some more up soon :)

see what they say about me is true i just cannot be trusted :)

j

x-pack

Grand Master
Thanks for posting Jason. Can't wait to see more :)

Can I just ask what made you want to start buying up Star Wars when you did? Did you just like the stuff that was out and wanted to collect it, or did you think that the toys might be worth a fortune in the future ...or both?

This might sound like a daft question because it's obvious that you love Star Wars. I'm just interested in why people started collecting in the 80's. I only got nostalgic enough to start collecting around 1990, probably around the time that a lot of the guys on here got into it. By that time I had played with the toys as a kid and then grown out of them when high school came along. But then, probably only after a couple of years, rediscovered my love of the toys.

My wish is that I had bought up boxes of unloved Star Wars stock and stashed it away :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom