photos from jason Joiners collection from the 1980s

ace

Jedi Knight
old photos of my days as a collector

i have been going through lots of old history boxes and found some cool photos and though i would shear them with some of you that might care

enjoy

995580_10153660883270294_1578091250_n.jpg

1474461_10153660786855294_782246562_n.jpg

1476155_10153660687110294_986148915_n.jpg

1510491_10153660680220294_976421186_n.jpg

i know some of you will take the piss but i was 17 guys and also it was the fashion :)

and yes that was my bedroom back then , i still have it all and much more nowadays but the crime is that its all in boxes and i just do not have the room to display it , but i know i have it and that makes me feel happy .

if you want to see more images go up over the next few weeks and i go thought all my history boxes then i am happy for you to join my Facebook page as its easier just posting in the one place , anyway have a laugh at some of the images :) .

https://www.facebook.com/jason.v.joiner

its nice to just talk about collating for a change :) jason

theslider

Sith Lord
Bloody hell!

I don't think you've got enough 12" Fetts!

Just a question but do you ever think of selling some things off so that you could then buy somewhere to display the rest?

ace

Jedi Knight
theslider said:
Bloody hell!

I don't think you've got enough 12" Fetts!

Just a question but do you ever think of selling some things off so that you could then buy somewhere to display the rest?

i sold the Fetts off a week after this photo was taken , its way i had the money to buy so many of the things i wanted to so i kept one of EVERYTHING that came across my path , and as i was a trader and i traveled i got to buy from many different countries way before the internet or ebay so it was like finding a new things every month.

i was very successful with collectables, then went on to running events , then Film Props for as long as Planet Hollywood was buying , i sold to them but kept the best props for myself , now i am in a very lucky position where i do not need to run around and work hard to live and now i can just do the things i want to do , retail got way to hard when ebay came along so we closed done all 4 of our shops and Planet Hollywood stopped growing and went under for a bit so we just looked at what we wanted to do , and events was what i liked doing right from the start no buying or selling really just putting on a great show , so that what i do now days, so i do not need to sell anything to have the building to houses the collation the valuable thing i lack it time , its the most valuable thing in the world and i just do not have enough of it .

anyway i hope to put some of the 500,000 items on display one day , i will be putting up some more cool images over the next few months thanks for the nice comments guys j :)

ace

Jedi Knight
PGowdy said:
Awesome collection. Love the miscards. 8)

thank you for the nice comments back then dealers hated then and just did not give them much of a value , most cost me the price of a lose figure and then maybe £2 on £3 on top ? i just bought 1 of each version i came across

jason

Palifan

Sith Lord
ace said:
old photos of my days as a collector

i have been going through lots of old history boxes and found some cool photos and though i would shear them with some of you that might care

enjoy

995580_10153660883270294_1578091250_n.jpg

1474461_10153660786855294_782246562_n.jpg

1476155_10153660687110294_986148915_n.jpg

1510491_10153660680220294_976421186_n.jpg

i know some of you will take the piss but i was 17 guys and also it was the fashion :)

and yes that was my bedroom back then , i still have it all and much more nowadays but the crime is that its all in boxes and i just do not have the room to display it , but i know i have it and that makes me feel happy .

if you want to see more images go up over the next few weeks and i go thought all my history boxes then i am happy for you to join my Facebook page as its easier just posting in the one place , anyway have a laugh at some of the images :) .

https://www.facebook.com/jason.v.joiner

its nice to just talk about collating for a change :) jason

Edit, found them! Man that's one sight!! :eek:

poncho

Grand Master
:D thats awesome jason what year was that pic taken with your mocs? thats an amazing haul i duft my cap to you sir

whats with the dollys btw :lol:

ace

Jedi Knight
ponchobelt said:
:D thats awesome jason what year was that pic taken with your mocs? thats an amazing haul i duft my cap to you sir

whats with the dollys btw :lol:

you do not need to duft my cap mate :) , i am no different to all collector out there, i just spent a little bit more of my time on gathering things up back then and i turned what i loved into my job so it was easier for me to be in the right place at the right time most of the time thats all, lost 10 years of my life doing it though but it was fun at the time.

looking at me in the photos and the Aliens stuff in them it must have been around the time the film was out so maybe 1988 as Aliens hit our screens in 1987 ?

thanks for the nice comments more photos to come

jason

escapist

Jedi Knight
ace said:
looking at me in the photos and the Aliens stuff in them it must have been around the time the film was out so maybe 1988 as Aliens hit our screens in 1987 ?

jason

Amazing photos! Were you trading at this time, or was this simply your collection?? What was the collectors market like in 1988? Five years after Jedi so it's still quite fresh. I thought that the boom came in the mid 90's. (I was 12 when the special editions came out in 1997 so this fascinates me!!)

ace

Jedi Knight
escapist said:
ace said:

jason

Amazing photos! Were you trading at this time, or was this simply your collection?? What was the collectors market like in 1988? Five years after Jedi so it's still quite fresh. I thought that the boom came in the mid 90's. (I was 12 when the special editions came out in 1997 so this fascinates me!!)

Hi escapist

The fetts was all business , the other photos are my collection.

yes back in 1986/7 it all started to fade and fade very fast .

it was not cool to collect star wars after around 86 and everyone was dumping there collections at car boots as they started up running in the UK in around 1983/4 so for me it was a amazing time to buy so much stuff .

it was a great time to buy Star Wars at car boots and then i found the London Comic Mart at Westminster central hall where i could sell of anything i no longer wanted , the show were i first stated to get into selling off stuff i now own and run :) but when i was around 15 years old it was the first place i found that you could sell at and these was were i fist met other traders and i leant very fast i used to go around selling from a suit case and sold to all the traders and with the money i would buy things i wanted but i wanted to trade my self , but that show was 100% sold out event, you could not by a table there for love or money , the man that ran the show also owned at the time forbidden Planet shops and Titan Distburtrs and i asked him for a table he said that i needed to fill out a table form to get on this list , i was young and unconfident and dixlesic
and i could not at the time fill out my address :-\ his name was Mike Lake and he saw i was having difficulties and said son you need to get that salted out or you will be in real trouble , look i will get you a table at the next show and that was it , i was a trader :) the rest was history

it really was a great time grate fun and all very innocent.

the old republic :)

just a bit of background thanks for reading.

jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom