Potential Display Cabinets

Th3M4ster

Youngling
All,

I'm just gauging interest in some display cabinets I'm contemplating getting made if there's enough interest, based upon the 3d renderings I've put together so far (see attached images). Note the figures I added in are just to give a bit more visual effect than having it empty, I know there's no cape's or weapons on the figures :)

These will be high quality that can be flush wall mounted and based on my design they can easily be customised if desired with perspex frontages or concealed LED lighting to give an overall atmospheric effect. Decals/Stickers can also be added if desired. Shelves are also adjustable and I've currently spec'd this to make use of the Ikea Billy shelves 56x16cm which are about £5 each at the moment.

There will be various colour options available for the cabinet and the frontage which will also include some high gloss options or various other finishes or woodgrain looks.

I currently have a prototype cabinet being made and will get some pictures of it with real figures to show as soon as I have it in the next week or so.

These aren't going to be your usual run of the mill cabinets and intend to target the high end of the market. The size for the one shown in the images is approx 130cm x 80cm x 20xcm deep.

I'm based in Staffs so collection is possible if anyone was interested and it's a damn site cheaper than a courier service too! For the cabinet only with high gloss stiles (no shelves or perspex) I'm currently working off £220. For non gloss stiles it will be slightly cheaper in between £185 - £200. As I say i've made it fairly modular and you could purchase additional colour stiles at a later date if desired. Glass can be purchased from Ikea for £5 a shelf and perspex can be easily purchased online.

I may look at putting a complete package together (Cabinet/stiles, Perspex, Shelves, LEDs) but not sure. I guess if there was enough interest it could be possible to get prices cheaper for some of the components in a bulk order.

Anyway, in the meantime whilst i'm waiting for the prototype check out the images attached and just drop me a message if you have any questions?

Attachments

• cab1.jpg
    cab1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 201
  • cab2.jpg
    cab2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 199
  • cabwithdoor1.jpg
    cabwithdoor1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 193
  • displaycab1.jpg
    displaycab1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 196

Kev06

Youngling
Have you started making these, im looking for a nice display but would be looking for delivery to Scotland

Cheers
Kev

lejackal

Grand Master
The OP hasn't been active since May 2020 so I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately

Kev06

Youngling
lejackal said:
The OP hasn't been active since May 2020 so I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately

Thanks ☹️

Any suggestions folks on alternatives that could be delivered? Im wanting a glass faced cabinet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom