Promoting the new Robin Robin short I worked on

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi all,

I thought I'd do a little promoting on here for the latest Aardman half hour film that I was the animation Supervisor for called Robin Robin. It's out now on Netflix and this film ended up shooting for much longer than intended due to the world shutting down last year, but we got it finished in the end!

It's a little different than the usual Aardman look but I was honoured to be a part of it and ended up working on it for over year as I was in at the very start of production. It's a great one for the family, especially at Christmas and hopefully you will have some fun watching it (and humming along with the songs :D).

The trailer's here if this is of interest to any of you and I'm proud of the film and whole crew for bringing this to life.

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks for the heads up, Ian. Mist be so satisfying to get it finished and out there for the World to see. Will give it a watch! 😎

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the heads up, Ian. Mist be so satisfying to get it finished and out there for the World to see. Will give it a watch! 😎
Thanks for that andy, thought it was worth a plug and I've even made the big time with featuring in the making of on youtube lol!

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
This looks superb Ian, just watched the trailer …congratulations on this, will be a definite watch for us with the Grandkids …looks brilliant

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Looks great mate. Precisely the sort of thing we can put the in-laws in front of on Boxing Day whilst we clear up (and having watched it ourselves already)! My brother works in animation so I can appreciate the huge amount of effort and passion that goes into projects like this. I hope it does really well.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for all the kind words chaps, very much appreciated and it really is a great one to cosy up with the family and watch (especially if you're stuffed with turkey and egg nog!).

Hopefully it will do well enough to get a sequel as it would be nice to go back to this felt world at some point.

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It's getting excellent reviews, Ian! This from The Indpendant:
The details in Robin Robin are truly exquisite – Aardman's animators have rendered many of the moving elements in needle felt, including the roaring fires and fresh pockets of snow. It makes the characters look like the old, plush toys that Christopher Robin may have made friends with a long time ago.

😎

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great that this is getting super reviews, we are all looking at this through our adult eyes transporting us back to our childhood, but don't forget the little ones watching this are building those memories and Robin Robin is creating those magical memories for them right now, something to be very proud of Ian
magical stuff😎😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom