PS4 Games

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
OK calling this retro might be pushing my luck, but couldn't think of a better place to ask. I made an impusle buy in Cash Converters yesterday, they had a mint condition PS4 Pro (even the controller is really nice) so as I've never had one before I pulled the trigger. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could pick up some "modern" Star Wars games like Squadrons and Battlefront 1 & 2 for just a few quid each!

So as somebody that hasn't had a PlayStation since the PS1, which other games or franchises are worth checking out? Especially cheap ones? I'm usually more of a Nintendo and Sega guy so like RPGs, platform games etc, not the super-serious or violent games most consoles seem to have these days.

lejackal

Grand Master
No real recommendations but there are always stacks on eBay for under a fiver. As you say though many are far more serious than the games from our youth

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
OK calling this retro might be pushing my luck, but couldn't think of a better place to ask. I made an impusle buy in Cash Converters yesterday, they had a mint condition PS4 Pro (even the controller is really nice) so as I've never had one before I pulled the trigger. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could pick up some "modern" Star Wars games like Squadrons and Battlefront 1 & 2 for just a few quid each!

So as somebody that hasn't had a PlayStation since the PS1, which other games or franchises are worth checking out? Especially cheap ones? I'm usually more of a Nintendo and Sega guy so like RPGs, platform games etc, not the super-serious or violent games most consoles seem to have these days.
I can recommend the Nathan Drake - Uncharted and Tomb Raider series (these can be bought in box sets now) also the Horizon games aren't bad either….if your into that type of adventure game.
Ratchet & Clank is a great platformer and don't forget The Last of Us.

Last edited:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Really enjoying Squadrons, the graphics are incredible and the game is a bit like X-Wing from the 90s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom