Repro Lumat Bow?

BatintheBelfry

Padawan
Judging by the reference pic in the other thread, I'm guessing this is a repro bow. Thought I'd get some opinions/confirmation though:

3735326977_22590761da.jpg

(Link to a larger version of the pic)

Joe

Grand Master
Lumat + Warok have the following bows, no other colour was produced for them.

You can sometimes find them with each others bows carded but if your bow is black like the above picture or grey then its a definite repro.

slim

Sith Lord
look at the actual string on the pics of the original 2 bows THEN look at the string of the fake one ! notice the ridges and shape of the originals and the smooth lines of the repro ...

slim

BatintheBelfry

Padawan
Thanks for the input guys. The pic doesn't really show the colour very well - it's more of a dark brown than black.

At least I definitely know it's not a Lumat bow.

Tank1252

Jedi Master
As per Jawa's Armory, i reckon this could be the repro 2nd from the right on the piccy, pretty close to the Warok bow colour...

BatintheBelfry

Padawan
Yeah thanks, Tank. Looks like it is a repro.

The originals all seem to have a straighter string, whereas the repro one seems to bend outwards a bit more. Not sure if that's just a coincidence though.

Tank1252

Jedi Master
BatintheBelfry said:

The originals all seem to have a straighter string, whereas the repro one seems to bend outwards a bit more. Not sure if that's just a coincidence though.

Pretty sure that's just coincidence mate. My Warok & Lumat bows (which i'm 99.9% sure are ok - colours def ok) are both bent like the repros in this photo. Also, the repros have been placed the other way up to the originals in this photo for some reason.

spoons

Grand Master
BatintheBelfry said:

The bend is more to do with how they were used or displayed. Some folk put the string round the back of the ewok's arms - which bends the bow out a fair bit

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I took a picture of a repro one for Jay's thread and it has turned out black as well. ( I am **** at taking close up pictures- and listening to instructions-white background!!) Anyway it's the standard 90s reproduction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom