Retro gaming new acquisitions

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I just picked up this NTSC SNES Mini, which is a smaller version of the SNES only released in America in the late 90s. It's a similar form factor to the Japanese Super Famicom Jr, sadly we never got a second generation SNES in Europe. Apparently these have the best video quality with the right cable, which is why I bought it. I love the unique controller that comes with it, which is subtly different from the traditional SNES controller (notice the embossed Nintendo logo.)

Here it is next to my Famicom AV, which is the Japanese second generation NES, and is a similar size and design. They look great together and are much smaller than the first gen consoles.

View attachment 185062

They look awesome. More consoles on the list to get!! 😂😂

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
My purchases since August 2023.

Couple have come from CEX and eBay. The ps1 was a drive by spot out the corner of my eye in a St Lukes Hospice charity shop window!!

Just got back from Devon where my sister in law lives. Found a fantastic shop in Seaton that had an amazing second hand gaming section at the back of the shop, could have bought the lot!!!

20240223_120037.jpg
20240223_120214.jpg

Last edited:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Got myself a Super Nintendo the other day, been wanting one for a while. It's in good clean condition and all original. I have a modern machine that plays Nes, Snes and Megadrive and we've got Nes and Snes on the Switch (which is great) but it's not the same. There's something about the feel of the real original that you can't beat. I've got so much nostalgia for the Snes, it was my secondary school days 😊 I've got a few of my favourite games - Mariokart, Street Fighter II, R-Type and Super Star Wars and I'll prob pick up a few more. They're getting bloody expensive now, even loose cartridges. Boxed complete ones are ridic.

Attachments

• IMG_8812.jpeg
    IMG_8812.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 12

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Got myself a Super Nintendo the other day, been wanting one for a while. It's in good clean condition and all original. I have a modern machine that plays Nes, Snes and Megadrive and we've got Nes and Snes on the Switch (which is great) but it's not the same. There's something about the feel of the real original that you can't beat. I've got so much nostalgia for the Snes, it was my secondary school days 😊 I've got a few of my favourite games - Mariokart, Street Fighter II, R-Type and Super Star Wars and I'll prob pick up a few more. They're getting bloody expensive now, even loose cartridges. Boxed complete ones are ridic.
Nice, on my list of vintage consoles to get for the collection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom