Retro gaming/raspberry pie

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So I'm looking to get some retro gaming gear for the man cave and I'm looking at one of the Raspberry pie set ups. Anyone here got one or can explain to me exactly what the little ****er is?? I know its the worlds smallest PC etc , but apparently you can get virtually any retro game for it.

Can wait to show the kids real Games. Sod those Xbox and PS4,s.

Lee

MarkG

Jedi Master
Oooo not heard of this. Have a few emulators on my PC but this sounds really good.

Software seems to be readily available but the actual use of it is a bit hit and miss.

I see they sell them in Maplins so might pop along to my local and ask.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It depends how retro you want to go. Anything SNES/Mega Drive and earlier will run well on the Raspberry Pi. However PSX/N64 onwards get a bit more demanding and may need a more powerful PC.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
There was a post a little while back about it

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33706

I've had a Raspberry Pi for a while now and love it. I'll post up some handy links when I get home from work.

I have a pi3 and it runs the N64, PS1 and Dreamcast roms ok.

plantman

Sith Lord
It's dead easy to install retropie onto a raspberry pie and put nes/snes/mega drive games on it.

We use them for smart technologies at work like sensors and apps but you can install Linux and windows on them, use them as streaming devices, NAS box and cctv front end.

Just need a microsd card with it too.

Andy

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
I,ve got one the n64 games are glitchy . The c64 are painful as you need a keyboard . Speccy and c64 games have your attention for bout 5 seconds . SNES n megadrive n arcade are good but to me just seem to dated to what you can play today

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom