RIP Prince

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I just heard in the news that Prince is dead. So many great people have died in 2016 looks like 2016 is going to be a very bad year :cry:

Thanks for the fantastic music, some fantastic movies and Purple Rain, RIP :cry:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
I just heard in the news that Prince is dead. So many great people have died in 2016 looks like 2016 is going to be a very bad year :cry:

Sadly that's too true.

What's that, 3 this week alone?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No! I don't believe this, very sad news. Thanks for the amazing music. RIP Prince. :(

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Beyond gutted.. I've often looked at other peoples posts gushing about how great Bowie was and how much they loved Michael Jackson or Queen and I've never understood it. I now sympathise with all those folk whose lives have truly been influenced and moulded by an artist or performer.
To me that that man, that influence, was Prince.

I grew up listening to him, I saw numerous live performances, collected everything from the beginning through to the mid 2000's on every format available and I even wrote my University Thesis on his life, influences and impact on the whole of modern music across numerous genres; rather fittingly printed out and presented in a gold and purple gatefold 12" sleeve. Unlike the rest of my degree, my thesis was graded as a first!

I really feel lost tonight and for someone who I never met I know it all sounds a bit mental... gonna miss you small purple genius #RIP

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
He played at George Lucas' wedding: Rest in Peace Prince

https://www.dnainfo.com/Chicago/20130630/hyde-park/george-lucas-mellody-hobson-reception-galaxy-of-stars-turn-out-for-bash

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
This one really hurts. Prince's music helped me through the eighties. I Had the privilige to see him play once and I still consider it the best concert I ever visited. I will always regret not seeing more of him.

Too soon. :cry:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
You guys see Darren McAleese's (aka _Darren_ on most boards) tribute?

https://www.facebook.com/293165360726164/videos/1128673667175325/?pnref=story

Great stuff. RIP Purple One.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom