Seahawks Showcase

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Snaketibe said:
Seahawks said:
Realized I never shared my childhood lunchbox pics I mentioned on the podcast.

I believe these are from my first day of kindergarten. I was very proud of my Star Wars lunchbox and made sure all my school buddies knew I was into SW.

9FE5EC31-B0B4-42BD-866B-26EA36F6E33B.jpeg

0C1397DA-C763-4AC0-86ED-827CC7F76E54.jpeg

And here is my Ewok birthday cake from 1983. Yub Nub! :)
Also notice the ROTJ paper plates and cups on the upper left corner. Yes, I have been obsessed from the beginning. Lol

FA583345-FDB3-448D-9300-7DEB80A23EEF.jpeg

Hi Seahawks,

I think those are terrific pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them. Being (presumably!) quite old colour photos these days, I see that the two outdoor ones in particular are beginning to suffer from colour fading, so I thought you might like to see them restored to something (hopefully!) a little closer to their original colours. I did something similar for my mother in Photoshop with an old school photo of my brothers and me, and it came out really well, so I hope you like them :)

Kind regards,

Jeremy

02.jpg

01.jpg

Those look great Jeremy! Thanks so much.
Sorry for my delay as I hadn't checked this thread for a bit.

Really appreciate it!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Seahawks said:
Those look great Jeremy! Thanks so much.
Sorry for my delay as I hadn't checked this thread for a bit.

Really appreciate it!
You're welcome. I had some pictures of my own to edit in Photoshop on the same day I saw your photos, and since I was doing something similar to my own images, it was no trouble to 'colour correct' yours too. It's a shame old colour photos often fade like that, but then again in this digital age, once you have them looking like you want, in theory they can last forever.

Best of luck with your vacuum cleaner project. It sounds great, and I hope we get to see some pictures of the finished article :)

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Keeping with my recent Hardware Wars related acquisition. It's been 40 years since this great Star Wars parody came out and I'm working on putting together a makeshift action figure line for fun. Here's what I've got so far.

"Identification."

"Oh a gee I think I left my I.D. in my other pants...."

DCB283C3-922D-4716-8F6C-401CBE816710.jpeg

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
I recently was able to get my hands on the Pendulum Press School Kit from 1978. The contents are in excellent condition. The filmstrip appears unused, the poster is free of wrinkles or tears, the comic books look brand new as well. The worksheets are all there as well as some extra copies that have some writing in them from students. It also comes with a comic and filmstrip that each have their own cassette to go along with.

I went ahead and scanned in the comic book and filmstrip and digitally recorded the cassettes and made a video for each with them synced up.

The film is over 40 years old and now has a red tint to it, but after getting them scanned into my computer, I was able to restore the color fairly well. Below is a before and after example frame once I figured out how to go about it. I scanned them in the highest resolution I could.

Finally after all of my rambling, here are links to the finished videos. Kick back and imagine yourself back in school as a kid watching this in class for the first time (and don't be disruptive or you'll be sent to the principle's office). Enjoy.

Filmstrip
https://youtu.be/JJri94lTK14

Comic Book
https://youtu.be/lMuA7KlGrzU

Attachments

• Photo Jan 09, 7 26 03 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 09, 7 26 03 PM.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 121
  • SAMPLE3.jpg
    SAMPLE3.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 124
  • SAMPLE2.jpg
    SAMPLE2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 125
  • SAMPLE1.jpg
    SAMPLE1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 124

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Seahawks said:
Most of my childhood figures have been stuck in a box for many years. I would pull them out occasionally to reminisce, but didn't put them in my main display case in favor of their more mint counterparts.

Well, boxed no more. I decided to proudly display my childhood first 21 together. Big thanks to Iain Sanderson over at GW Acrylics for the tier and figure stands that arrived today.

IMG_7749.JPG

I love this display box and the photo's are out of this world.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Hey guys, thought I'd share my latest Indiana Jones diorama. Really pleased with how it turned out. Made a short little video so you can fully appreciate it.

https://youtu.be/Xb5OXjnd5tg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Hey guys, thought I'd share my latest Indiana Jones diorama. Really pleased with how it turned out. Made a short little video so you can fully appreciate it.

https://youtu.be/Xb5OXjnd5tg

Fantastic work Jason! :shock:

Putting the link up on youtube is a great touch as it's nice to see with the interactive lighting and score and you've really outdone yourself this time.

Out of interest what material did you use for all the stone work?

Dioramas like this really show off these vintage figures to their best and it's so worth all the work that must have gone into this piece.

looking forward to your next as ever,

Ian

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Fantastic work Jason! :shock:

Putting the link up on youtube is a great touch as it's nice to see with the interactive lighting and score and you've really outdone yourself this time.

Out of interest what material did you use for all the stone work?

Dioramas like this really show off these vintage figures to their best and it's so worth all the work that must have gone into this piece.

looking forward to your next as ever,

Ian

Thanks so much Ian! I was really happy with how it turned out. I made the rocks using Styrofoam and cut them using an electric foam cutter. Made it nice to be able to shape them the way I wanted to try to get it to look fairly realistic. The paint work was a challenge, but after some trial and error and several different colors of paint, it worked pretty well. :)

Snaketibe said:
That looks brilliant. Really, really good. Thanks for sharing your hard work :)

Thank you so much! It was a lot of fun building it.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Holy smokes! It's been over a year since I last posted? The older I get the faster time flies by. Hope everyone is doing well.

Well, I'll try to update my thread with some bits and pieces I've added to my collection this past year.

I've always loved customizing. I'm definitely a novice and have very limited customizing ability, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

As some of you may recall, I'm a huge Hardware Wars fan.
What better way to kick this off.

Hardware Wars - A spectacle light years ahead of it's time!

The moment virtually nobody's been waiting for is here. I've been plugging away trying to finish up the last of the 8 figures I originally had in mind when I set out on this goofy project a couple years ago. I've since added a 9th, the Imperial Steamtrooper.

I've laughed, I've cried and I've definitely kissed way more than 3 bucks goodbye, but here they are in all their...um....glory?

May the Farce be with you!

Attachments

• DCB2629D-805E-4B74-9DFA-8AEE67774369.jpeg
    DCB2629D-805E-4B74-9DFA-8AEE67774369.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 57

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
I've given up all hope that we will ever see a decent Carbon Freeze playset, so started working on my own.

Threw a few figures on there and it's actually looking pretty good. Simple, but effective.

Attachments

• F70FBC13-E9C9-4A5E-9E07-951684188C77.jpeg
    F70FBC13-E9C9-4A5E-9E07-951684188C77.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 59

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well that freezing chamber looks a whole lot better than the one on sale at the moment, they really should have gone with something like this :D

Love the Hardware Wars figures as well. I remember when you started these so it's nice to see that you followed through with them and all your time and effort was well worth it.

Great to see you back posting on here again Jason and hope all has been well and good with you.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Seahawks said:
I've given up all hope that we will ever see a decent Carbon Freeze playset, so started working on my own.

Threw a few figures on there and it's actually looking pretty good. Simple, but effective.

That works really well! It's certainly a lot better than the Droid Factory it started life as. Congratulations and thanks for sharing :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom