Star Wars 3D Re-releases 'Postponed'

escapist

Jedi Knight
http://starwars.com/news/focusing-on-star-wars-episode-vii-lucasfilm-postpones-episodes-ii-and-iii-3d.html

Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.

Sad, mainly because I was hoping to take my boy to see the Original Trilogy at the cinema in 3D if they ever got round to doing them!

Richard_H

Grand Master
I think we'll see 2 and 3 at some point but not 4 - 6. The cost of 3D for those movies must be staggering, and lets face it the majority of Joe Public have already seen them quite a few times. :wink:

escapist

Jedi Knight
Dark Sith Lord said:
Good news IMHO . Means they can double/triple there efforts in the new trilogy that nobody has seen 8)

Which will probably be filmed in 3D! I love looking like Roy Orbison when I go to the cinema.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Bollox!!! this one has got me down and I am not even a fan of 3D, I would prefer EpVII to be 2D only. I was just looking forward to taking junior to see them all at the cinema one by one, he loved EpI (even I enjoyed more than at home) and whooped with the winning of the Pod Race...

I can't believe I am being so pro-prequel but I hope these get a release. Really pissed at Disney, 20th fox, Lucas or whoever is to blame for this shambles...

Bollox, Han shot First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Jez

Sith Lord
I agree, most disappointing.
I was looking forward to a popcorn moment with my son, waiting for that famous 20th Century Fox drum roll.

I'm sure they've already finished Episode 2, the guys from Jabbas Palace at FF told me that they had already seen it a a special screening in the US?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I wonder if its anything to do with the rights of the orginals being distributed by 20th Century Fox?

lee gray

Sith Lord
I was hoping to see the original trilogy in 3D or even not in 3D as would love to see those again in the cinema, looks like its far away now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom