Teebo White Hood

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I'm trying to work out if there a definitive answer on whether the white hooded Teebo is a genuine variant?

How do you tell if it's a "genuine" white and not just degradation?

I've got a couple; one carded and one loose which both appear white.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It goes back to the age-old argument of whether most variants are "genuine" or not - IMO a variant is something the designers DELIBERATELY changed. VC Jawa, large head Han, that kind of thing. Slightly different colour paint/plastic were not design decisions, they are just slight production differences that occurred for whatever reason (degradation, plastic stock, wrong colour mix, etc.)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with above post but it's up to the individual collector at the end of the day. I mean if it looks different?

plantainman

Jedi Master
phreatobite said:
I'm trying to work out if there a definitive answer on whether the white hooded Teebo is a genuine variant?

How do you tell if it's a "genuine" white and not just degradation?

I've got a couple; one carded and one loose which both appear white.

Put it this way, If I was collecting Teebo's, i wouldn't consider my collection complete without one.

benny100

Sith Lord
6A069D68-73B7-48BD-B862-EEA1A9CAE90C_zpsi5p9ywa4.jpg

To me the hood and stripe variation is different enough to call it a variant, I'm not a variant collector though.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Great pic, it's actually got me doubting whether my loose example is white-white as oppose to just faded/degraded. But I think my MOC is bona fide white.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom