The Book of Boba Fett Discussion Thread (Episode Spoilers Allowed!)

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
A few points
Why has Boba aged so quickly.. Yes I know he was digested for a while. But he's about 20 years out.

What is with the employment of comedians? Matt Berry the latest. Who will Jimmy Carr play?

Why can buff Twi'lek males be allowed (my mate was all over him), but we can't have a new Huttslayer Leia action figure because of.. Erm.. Objectification?

Moisture farming.. Nah. Just go collect sand buried water pods. Much quicker.

Is Boba Fett being turned into a caring flower rather than a ruthless professional Bounty Hunter? At least everyone is calling that out in the show. "hey, you need to be more of a nasty bastard"

I want Hutts.. Even if its in a holo message.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Pete, the Hubba Gourds have been around for ages in the EU. Enough for a drink, but apparently taste nasty.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
I don't think we have seen the last of the Sarlacc. Are boba's dreams the creature conversing with him mentally?
For me I counted 6 or 7 fell into the pit during the ROTJ scene, so was expecting it to be pretty crowded down there and all we got was one lone stormtropper?
Will we get a back story on the stormtropper? Will Boba revisit the sarlacc?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Did he kill it when he escaped? Was expecting some waving tentacles etc, but it looked dead.
He roasted it from the inside and also must have ripped through its body to escape, since he didn't exit via its mouth (unless he crawled out the back entrance :poop: :eek:), so my guess is it's dead... until Lucasfilm need it for another tale, of course ;)

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Did he kill it when he escaped? Was expecting some waving tentacles etc, but it looked dead.
Looked pretty lifeless to me, but is debatable. Is it an animal or a plant? Could it grow back and survive? Lifespan is supposed to be 20,000 to 50,000 years so could it be resilient to a little roasting? I don't think it's the last we see off the Sarlacc.

Also according to Wookieepedia, Sarlacc's were capable not only of communication, but apparently of malevolence, feeding off the fears of their prisoners...and possessed the ability to telepathically torture its prey

So if it still alive is it communicating with boba via his dreams/flashbacks?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
It was entertaining, but I found it rather weak overall, agree about the Gammys, looks like they've all been to weight watchers, much better in jedi, also agree the tuskens simply made a mockery of his supposed fighting skills, but he was very much in recovery at that point & weak, so I'll give them a pass on that.

I also agree he's not feeling evil/ruthless enough, maybe that will change?

I really hope it improves in subsequent episodes as it did not grab me like mando did TBH, my biggest bug bear was the choreography on the big fight scene as it was bloody awful, reminded me of a tired 70's martial arts debacle.

I am hopeful it will improve going forward.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Just watched the second episode and got to say its very cringe worthy!!!! Surely it's got to improve, it's very cheesy and Boba?....WTF toughen up man!!!

I'm not feeling it yet!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Loved the second episode! Black Krrsantan appearing... wow! Surely he's going to have more involvement later on. Even has the lightsaber scar on his head from Obi Wan. The Hutt twins were really cool and the Pyke train hijack was great as well.

Forgot to mention Camie and Fixer in Tosche Station too!

Last edited:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I'm enjoying it. Just watched the second episode. Bit in Mos Espa was brilliant. I think Boba Fett is/was so mysterious only appearing briefly and saying very little in the original trilogy that we all have preconceived ideas of what he's like. A badass. I think they're showing his story, what he's really like. They showed a bit of it in the Mandolorian. He's all about honour and keeping his word, paying his debts. It's continuing with the kind of mythology that Star Wars was based on in the first place. If the character was completely cold and ruthless he'd become unlikeable. I think they've got it about right. I'm loving the Sandpeople too, great stuff 👍

Last edited:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw the second episode and think it was great, but I think what we saw with the hutt's in real time was to short, the episode was very fast to jump back in time and into his dreams again. Not that the dreams are bad, they are also cool with the train and tusken raiders :)

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Again another decent episode leaving me wanting more, looks like the flashbacks are a going to be a permanent fixture for a while but means each episode feels more like two separate sketches than a whole. Key highlights for me was the the entrance of the Hutt twins (will we now see baby hutts?) and the entrance of that evil-looking Black Wookie (he's one scary beast). I can't wait to see him kick off. Good to see subtle nods to the new hope deleted characters with Camie and Fixer in the bar scene, Boba was more of a bad ass in this scene but still got the sense he was winging it. I'm liking the humor, the speeder bike training was fun, shitting up the assassin with the rancor but the desk clerk who has to check the mayor's schedule might have pushed a bit too far, and he's seems to be walked over and not respected as yet. Was nice to see the mayor as Ithorian "Hammerhead" but the voice communicator and his own rumbling voice got in the way a little for me.
With the Hutts and the Mayor to contend with and only a couple of Gammy's and a side kick that got shot by a rookie bounty hunter i'm feeling boba's out of his depth a little, we will see and agree with Russ he needs to toughen up a bit.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Second episode was alright, enjoyed seeing black krrsantan think he will be back and give fett a good run for his money 😃 one things for sure bobas not a crime lord he should stick to being a bounty hunter. I am looking forward to where this is going just wish he was a bit more carefree and be a bit more cold when it matters.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I am enjoying it - But it isn't really Boba Fett. That's still Mandolorean really.

Temure is 10 years too old for it. He is the age JANGO would be if he were alive. He's also about 5 stone too heavy.

But still - I am really liking it!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I loved the second episode. I thought the first episode set things up nicely, but I can understand why some felt it was a little slow. However, I don't think that accusation can be leveled at episode 2! Although most of it was about the backstory with the Tuskens, I thought it was brilliantly done, with the tribe's ever increasing acceptance and admiration of Boba as he earns his place among them. It will be interesting to see how it develops from there.

As for the current time line and taking over from Jabba and Bib, I agree it was great to see the twins, Black Krrsantan, Camie and Fixer! Jon Favreau is obviously a true fan with a real love of Star Wars, and it's great to see him putting so many Easter eggs on screen. Both this and The Mandalorian definitely have the 'feel' of the original trilogy, and that can only be a good thing for fans.

I also appreciate him taking the time to make EU and items from other materials canon! There are loads of them, but a favourite for me was this piece of Ralph McQuarrie art... Look familiar from the episode? :)

R.jpg

Post edited to add screen grab :)

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Scarmanderg955

Youngling
Just watched it with the family. Loved it, although not long enough! Similar feel to the first Mando episode, with quite a lot of exposition and scene setting. Set up beautifully for the real story to kick in.
I watched in my University after I finished my work of course, the first two episodes where amazing Goosebumps all over. Seeing the black wookie(I don't know how to type his name) was great two I can't wait to see how to see Boba Fett will duke it out with him in the other episodes. There are so many cool details as well, if you notice with the Tusken Raiders there tribal dances are based off native New Zealand culture which is a great detail they include in the episode they really humanised the Tusken Raiders, in the two episodes in the Comics and Movies they are always seen as barbaric backwards raiders but in these two episodes they are seen as everyone else. This is my first time learning and discovering this forum so I am excited to talk about The Book of Boba Fett with some fans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom