The imaginatively titled Premier League 21/22 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Spurs are ****ed big time. Levy is paying the price for a catalogue of poor decisions: big stadium instead of investing in players > firing Poch > hiring Jose > not selling Kane > hiring Nuno. I'd be fired from my job if I made that many **** ups. Sadly I don't think Levy will, and not much will change until he goes. Spurs are now the worst they've been for over 10 years, and it's going to take more than a few tweaks to challenge again. :(

As for Kane, I always say the same about any player, once they want to leave, let them go. They will never put the effort in again once they've mentally decided they want to go. Absolutely collossal mistake not selling him last season.
Hard to argue with any of that. Utd weren't great, but they didn't need to be. That was one of the worst performances I have seen from a decent side in years. Well, since last Sunday, but sure.
I could understand Burnley or Watford playing like that, but the guts of that Spurs team have play in a CL final FFS.

I have no idea what Nuno's tactics are. Clearly the players don't either.

You're right, you don't fix something THAT bad with 1 or 2 new signings. Or a new manager. That's a 3 or 4 transfer window job. Not many of that team/squad I would keep. Lloris, though I think his contract is up soon, and he's 34 ish. Son and ehhh…..nope, that's it. A lot of dead wood to shift as well.
You sure as **** won't get 150m for Kane this summer. You won't get 100m on current form. Only a handful of sides can pay that money (City, Chelsea, Utd and PSG). The latter don't need a new striker, and why would the other 3 pay that for a boy who looks like a **** Jason Lee?
Actually, that's an insult to Jason Lee, he ran about and shot (badly), Kane does neither.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Never rated Ramsdale, but I havent seen the save.
TBF, I struggle to think of a decent save he has ever made, so Schmeichel may still be right loo.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So instead of getting Conte in, OGS just try's to play like him. City and perhaps even Atalanta will do us if we play with that formation. Some media outlets saying it was a 3-4-3 formation, my god these people are paid to talk about football. Sooner OGS is gone the better, but you know the Glaziers are just trying to get to the international break without having to sack him.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nuno has been sacked. He never stood a chance, was a poor decision in the first place. You may remember I said even after we won our first three games it wasn't looking good, he didn't manage a single decent performance which is probably why they've taken the hasty decision. Do feel sorry for him after 4 months though.

So big decision for Levy now - appoint a Conte or similar and open the chequebook, or continue wasting time and money on distractions like NFL and appoint Ryan Mason again!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
He can't have many complaints, that performance against Utd really was dire.

Levy should be out the door too. He didn't invest when Sours made CL final, then he fired Poch, appointed Jose (no sane ****er thought that was a good idea) and then appointed Nuno. Levy kops 90% of the blame for where Spurs are.
Yet he keeps his job.

Talk of Fonseca getting it now. He wasn't good enough in the summer, but apparently he is now. Hmmmm

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You can't make it up really Man Utd beat Spurs which means they get Conte, Man Utd lose to Atalanta and City and are left high and dry. I wish Levy was in charge of Man Utd!

Just look at this from a Man Utd point of view, Spurs have got to points less than us and have had much harder games and they sack their manager because it's not good enough, shocking again from Man Utd!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, seems to be. You have to wonder why Levy decides to spend cash now rather than 3/4 yrs ago when they were in a CL semi!?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree Nuno was on a hiding to nothing. I hoped he would do well, but he seemed unable (or unwilling) to change Spurs' appallingly negative playing style, which hasn't succeeded since the early Poch years. The rot set in after a couple of years under Poch, continued under Mourinho and didn't change under Nuno. I can only hope Conte (or whoever gets the job) can find a way to motivate the players and stop them playing this god-awful tedious, slow, pass-it-sideways-and-backwards-but-never-forwards-and-especially-not-quickly ultra ineffective rubbish style of play. How many managers have to come and go before they see that it simply doesn't work? To dare is to do?... You could have fooled me.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
….to stop them playing this god-awful tedious, slow, pass-it-sideways-and-backwards-but-never-forwards-and-especially-not-quickly ultra ineffective rubbish style of play.
I like it, summed up well. Very catchy too lol.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So Man Utd miss out on a manager that was available, wanted the job, has won the PL and numerous other trophies, has a distinct style of play and is insainly self driven. Now he's at Spurs, he will look at the table and say, oh look only 2 points away from Man Utd who rejected me, I'll show them! Glaziers are scared of getting a top manager in as they will expose how badly the club is being run. Its so bad its depressing me. We probably have the worst coach in the PL.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think it's a done deal yet, there were three or four collapses before Nuno signed, I'll be amazed if this is wrapped up any time soon!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Just wait until they get onto the subject of the transfer budget. "What you find down the side of the sofa" won't sell it to anyone.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
18 month contract, how much can he spend in that amount of time? Only one summer transfer window.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well it looks like I was wrong, Conte appointed at Spurs! I'm amazed they turned that around so quickly and smoothly after the summer shambles. Can he finally break the curse? I think top 3 is sewn up and a mile ahead of everyone else, but Conte must see 4th as very achievable... IF he can get Kane to perform and sack our entire defence immediately!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Surprised to see him sign. 18 months is not a long contract. I wonder whose idea that was? His cos he knows Levy will give him no money and he'll get ****ed off? Or Levy's cos he is sick of paying compensation and ehh knows he won't give Conte enough money to succeed so he'll get sick and leave!?

Without meaning to slag off Spurs, I thought Conte could have gone for a 'bigger' job somewhere. He hardly needs the money so why not wait a few months for a club in less of a mess!? Fair play to him though.

It'll be interesting to see how the Spurs boys cope with 18 hour beasting sessions, 7 days a week! lol

lejackal

Grand Master
Well it looks like I was wrong, Conte appointed at Spurs! I'm amazed they turned that around so quickly and smoothly after the summer shambles. Can he finally break the curse? I think top 3 is sewn up and a mile ahead of everyone else, but Conte must see 4th as very achievable... IF he can get Kane to perform and sack our entire defence immediately!
If Utd get a better manager they will have 4th nailed on. They have one of the best squads, far better than you'll find in North London unfortunately. I just don't know how long they'll keep Ole

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
If Utd get a better manager they will have 4th nailed on. They have one of the best squads, far better than you'll find in North London unfortunately. I just don't know how long they'll keep Ole
Until they are mathematically out of the running for a CL spot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom