The Listening Post.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have personally never ordered from them but others have had success with Zavvi, honestly id love one of the falcons but already have a ton of pre orders on the go.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
It's been a long time since i have ordered from them (apparently a few BluRays back in 2013...) but my account was active so i have gone for it. Bloody expensive but it won't be cheeper in the future and it looks spectacular........

Palifan

Sith Lord
monkey_roo said:
It's been a long time since i have ordered from them (apparently a few BluRays back in 2013...) but my account was active so i have gone for it. Bloody expensive but it won't be cheeper in the future and it looks spectacular........

The good thing with Zavvi is that there shipping is cheap but you will probably need to be patient as everything I order from them does seem to take a long time to arrive. My orders do always arrive though so fear not but just a warning as this might happen.

Great looking Falcon though and I'm just glad I picked up a complete loose Legacy one years ago so I don't need to get this one (I'm pretty sure this is the same version other than the dish).

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I know ill regret not getting the falcon.........Ill see how I feel later and maybe might just :x

E99265L00_5010993734436_pkg_19_Medium_150DPI.jpg

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/star-wars-40th-anniversary-han-solo-carbonite-import-stock/

Go get one, and save yourself from being disappointed by the the over worked and abused Amazon employees.

Exclusive Yavin Luke
I didn't get one of these on release, is he worth getting over the normal one?

cdf5419713181e946397dfc563b2a6b5b679.jpg

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/star-wars-black-series-exclusive-luke-skywalker-yavin/

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I'm glad I don't really do Black series - the comic book cover is amazing, if that was A VC fig I would be so over that crossover reference.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Its problematic even for me at times, I lean heavily into Black Series but I keep finding myself picking up the VC line from time to time. I'm trying to stick to my favourites or only movie/series specific stuff when it comes to VC so that will stop me from going to mad.

In theory...... :roll: :lol:

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just a little bit intel so take this with a small bit of salt, however I get a sneaky feeling that it is true. The Sail Barge will be getting a re-release, in what capacity I don't know, and I doubt the limited Yak face will be contained within it.

Fantastic news for those that wanted one but missed out

012519Bargepromo01.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Just a little bit intel so take this with a small bit of salt, however I get a sneaky feeling that it is true. The Sail Barge will be getting a re-release, in what capacity I don't know, and I doubt the limited Yak face will be contained within it.

Fantastic news for those that wanted one but missed out

012519Bargepromo01.jpg

interesting news is this turns out to be true but as well as being fantastic news for those that wanted one but missed out, I'm sure it will piss the people who thought it was limited in numbers off so it will probably be a win lose situation.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Honestly, this is what I think It boils down to. The only people that will be pissed off are scalpers, people that purely purchased to flip later, and those that bought one purely due to it being limited and cant stand others having something. Those that actually want one in their collection and actually like it would be all to happy for other collectors in the community to enjoy theirs or stand a chance of acquiring one too, well id of thought so and that is the way I look at it. I care little for exclusivity, if its cool ill get one if I don't like it i wont bother its that simple.

If this is true, just watch the amount that will flood the forums/ebay for sale...... :roll:

Anyone here that was able to purchase one during the initial release really feel strongly against another fellow collector getting one too at some point?

If this comes to fruition, I might grab one but this depends entirely on what this years Haslab project is.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Honestly, this is what I think It boils down to. The only people that will be pissed off are scalpers, people that purely purchased to flip later, and those that bought one purely due to it being limited and cant stand others having something. Those that actually want one in their collection and actually like it would be all to happy for other collectors in the community to enjoy theirs or stand a chance of acquiring one too, well id of thought so and that is the way I look at it. I care little for exclusivity, if its cool ill get one if I don't like it i wont bother its that simple.

If this is true, just watch the amount that will flood the forums/ebay for sale...... :roll:

Anyone here that was able to purchase one during the initial release really feel strongly against another fellow collector getting one too at some point?

If this comes to fruition, I might grab one but this depends entirely on what this years Haslab project is.

Totally agree with you and the right sort of collectors who have these will be happy for others to get the chance I'm sure. It's shipping costs on this one that really hurts us being out here :roll:

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Shipping is going to be killer, and I seriously hope that an UK stockist will be able to distribute it. I'm getting the feeling Zavvi might be on the cards seeing as they had the Haslab Marvel x-men sentinel for pre order, so we may be in luck.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I see the VC Slave 1 is back in stock. I'm really tempted to get this. If only to gaze at the gorgeous box art on it.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Tempted to get one too, good to see they came back in stock.

Looking around for news and information that is out there and noticed this storm trooper, now I dont know if its a customised version or maybe a new version of the blast effect stormy we had a while ago.

Could be nothing but worth a mention I think, normal one on the left then the oddity second from the right.
02ca5ade4cf301af69cc54ac9b0d539b (1).jpg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Need to play a bit of catch up with all these goodies floating around, ill get there I promise.

Haslab 2020
Sounds like an announcement will be made on the 21st of August 15:00 Uk time, Hasbro will be doing their Hasbro live fan first. Will it be a Dagobah playset with an X-Wing?

Just a theory/rumour and to be honest, I kind of like the idea of it. Your thoughts and ideas?

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
Need to play a bit of catch up with all these goodies floating around, ill get there I promise.

Haslab 2020
Sounds like an announcement will be made on the 21st of August 15:00 Uk time, Hasbro will be doing their Hasbro live fan first. Will it be a Dagobah playset with an X-Wing?

Just a theory/rumour and to be honest, I kind of like the idea of it. Your thoughts and ideas?

It does sound intriguing. Would love to see some pictures first.

With the BMF being rereleased I wonder if the new AT-AT mould will be making a reappearance?

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
The At-At is a possibility, seeing as they have now redone the legacy Falcon with a huge mark up in price they really dont have any excuse not to do an At-At. It would make sense seeing as its the anniversary of ESB, now would it be a Haslab project? Hmmmm, last year id of said yes it would be a likely candidate but with the Falcon behind reintroduced into the regular line then I think something else entirely would be possible.

My list of likely candidates for the Haslab 2020 project

Razor Crest-They will be printing money with that one, and yes ill get one.
Rebels Ghost-Cool but I feel unlikely now.
At-At- ESB anniversary, yet will be more likely a normal release/exclusive.
Dagobah playset- Cool idea and we already have the farily recently released Luke,R2 and a variant of Vader (exclusive Anakin and Obi Wan ghosts?)
Echo Base playset - Id honestly love this but i'm biased and im not sure what they would do, radar operations control room?
Tantive IV corridor- I like this idea but I kind of think it would be better suited to 6inch black series.

What I think we will see
Something Mandalorian related-Razor Crest would be very nice, though massive. I think a sand crawler would be more appropriate and feasible.
Clone Wars-Its gaining a huge resurgence in popularity as of late, id certainly approve of something Clone Wars flavoured.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Evening all, I hope you are all well and looking after yourselves.

We are now three quarters of a way through 2020 and its been a rough one for sure, I know many of you have been adding some nice bits to your collection in the mean time and keeping yourselves busy.

So, what is your favourite release of 2020 so far. Or do you have a couple of favourites as I know it would be hard to decide for those of you that collect VC and the BS 6inch line. I know many of you have probably got a ton of stuff on pre order too, what are you looking forward to the most?

Will be tough for me but here goes;

Black series
Heavy Mando'
Snow Speeder Luke
Commander Bly
Dagobah Luke and Yoda twin pack
Cara Dune would of made it into the list but she was released in late 2019.

Vintage collection
Cara Dune- Well I had to be fair didn't I.

Looking forward to.....
Fives Echo and Jesse Three pack and respective single card back releases.
VC Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano
BS Clone wars Ahsoka Tano

Might add to it at some point, so whats yours?

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Amazon exclusives Carbonised Vader available on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Carbonised-Collection-cm-Scale/dp/B084N63D8J/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2QJIS9COOJU6R&dchild=1&keywords=black+series+darth+vader&qid=1597916632&sprefix=Black+series+%2Caps%2C306&sr=8-2

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Good shout.

In Demand Toys have a few Black Series and Vintage collection figures on sale, If you Haven't got Hoth Leia or want to save yourself from opening the 40th Anniversary moc release then grab her. £8.99 hard to say no to be honest.

Shes one of the nicest versions in my opinion.

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/star-wars-black-series-princess-leia-hoth-2/

And a heads up from me....

Those of us that have a few 40th anniversary mocs on pre order will see them arrive early next week, and you lucky bunch that plucked up the courage to go for the Falcon will have to camp the door step too. I'm expecting lots of photos from you all so dont by shy, thats an order. 8)

Also, if you still haven't managed to pick up a normal Black Series Mando; there will be a restock of him. SAF are looking to do a summer sale again soon once they catch up on deliveries, would be nice to grab a few Battle Front Inferno Squad figures and Veers, that I still havent picked up.... :lol:

Anyone else spotting some things on their travels/mooching?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in.

Does anyone know if the UK will be getting the Hoth Wampa.

4F00F81B-A7F4-4FD9-AE23-86A88CA7C4B1.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom