The Morphy Find...

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Apologies if I am late to the party with this bombshell (probably!), but I'll share the link below anyway....

I don't fully buy into the authenticity of the backstory but I'm still pretty gobsmacked!

Palifan

Sith Lord
i had heard about this find but didn't realise that there were at least 5 DT carded Lukes in the lot, that's really amazing and it makes you wonder what this lot's going to go for (although I think it's going up as one lots which surely isn't the best way to sell these?).

Ian

scooternick

Jedi Knight
i had heard about this find but didn't realise that there were at least 5 DT carded Lukes in the lot, that's really amazing and it makes you wonder what this lot's going to go for (although I think it's going up as one lots which surely isn't the best way to sell these?).

Ian
All seperate lots by the looks of it 🤑

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Astonishing find! Thanks for sharing, those 21 back-b Boba Fett will fetch a tidy sum.

Palifan

Sith Lord
All seperate lots by the looks of it 🤑
That makes more sense and gives every who wants in a chance at getting something nice for their collection. This will be interesting to see where it ends and what difference in price some of the multiples end up being. I remember the Vectis Auction with multiple sealed Palitoy Death Star play sets all going for different prices, some times it pays not to go for the first one up and maybe sometimes not.

Ian

scooternick

Jedi Knight
That makes more sense and gives every who wants in a chance at getting something nice for their collection. This will be interesting to see where it ends and what difference in price some of the multiples end up being. I remember the Vectis Auction with multiple sealed Palitoy Death Star play sets all going for different prices, some times it pays not to go for the first one up and maybe sometimes not.

Ian
Yeah, agreed. Prices might be eye watering given the international interest that it's going to attract!

skywalker

Jedi Master
OH BABY....!
23011217_2_lg.jpg

Hod10

Padawan
Those 24 debut Yoda's sold for $22,000 including the shipping case. Only one had a price sticker. I wonder how much each one would cost once they filter out

Palifan

Sith Lord
Those 24 debut Yoda's sold for $22,000 including the shipping case. Only one had a price sticker. I wonder how much each one would cost once they filter out
They're quite the sight and I know the shipping box alone will come at a price but are these mocs worth $1K a pop? Maybe they are but I thought Yoda was a little cheaper than this.

Ian

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Surely that price stickered yoda was added to the lot to round it up to a full case? Can't see any other reason why?

Hod10

Padawan
They're quite the sight and I know the shipping box alone will come at a price but are these mocs worth $1K a pop? Maybe they are but I thought Yoda was a little cheaper than this.

Ian
A common moc yep but reasonably tough to find in top condition. I'd say these probably would sell for $1k plus each. Some might get graded too.

Hod10

Padawan
Surely that price stickered yoda was added to the lot to round it up to a full case? Can't see any other reason why?
Who knows. The description states: A number of the figures have a U stamped on the underside of the footer carboard. U is for Unitoy. Which might indicate that they didn't all come from the same factory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom