THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 22 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
suns-facebook_zpsvgmiqdnr.png

EPISODE 22 : RUN TO THE SUNS

On this months edition of the Vintage Rebellion Podcast we are joined by Mark Daniels, known across the various outlets as Sublevel Studios. He discusses his collection, his artwork and gives us an insight in the differences from collecting now compared to the 90s.

During this months Newest Acquisitions we receive some breaking news regarding Celebration Europe and the Vintage Rebellions involvement, so be sure to listen carefully for that amongst some stunning purchases from the community over the last 4 weeks.

Rich is joined by Darrell Johnson and Brendi Burton to discuss the significance of the Rocket Firing Fett during Rebel Briefings. Whilst Pete brings us the latest from the Vintage Market, including the recent Vectis sale which had more stunning Star Wars items.

Finally, Episode 22 sees the return of Oddballs as Grant is joined by Nathan Butler for an instant return to form.

All this plus much more including music from Bad Lip Sync.

Sit back and enjoy the latest episode of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

LISTEN ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

OR AT PODBEAN
swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Woohoo! Had taken to listening to repeats which, although very worthwhile, isn't the same! That's Friday's long drive t'North sorted :)

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Feels like it's been forever since the last one... It's been a cold, dark month, great news! 4 hours 41 too, happy days. Downloading now. 8) 8) 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cracking podcast as ever guys and nice to hear mark chat about his collecting history, always feels like you know someone a little more when you have a voice to put to the face. Also nice to hear some more about the recent Boba Fett find and I love the fact that there's someone out there still collecting films on tape, great way of keeping all the history of these great films.

Congrats to you all for keeping up with the quality! :D

Ian

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Very nice show, just listened to it today. Mark is a bit of a star in my eyes, with his creative skills, and was nice to hear from him. Also good to hear from the American guests who all spoke with great knowledge and passion. Thanks to Stu and the boys for putting this one together!

SOJ

Sith Lord
You've fired me up again, hungry to buy something after 6 months of hardly getting anything vintage. Great show and great news about the stall at celebration.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
So cool to hear the Mark Daniels interview. Never have I identified so much with a collector than Mark. From his love of the 'racetrack' design to his trading days during the dark times in the 90s, I think we are brothers from another mother. I just wished I was as skilled at him with design!

And congrats on the celebration news. Might even get a ticket now (held off as I HATE queuing). What day is it your doing your thing?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Big thanks to the VR chaps for editing me to sound much better than I could have hoped for! And thanks for the kind comments from all those here and have contacted me to say they enjoyed it!

Was a blast and now I'm looking forward to seeing all of you down at Celebration!

Great show as ever fellas! :)

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Hopefully this photo might be seen by the guy who collects the SW video tapes... Yep TFA officially exists on VHS courtesy of Delta Airlines!

3D9DDD-5778-4935-B176-0CA8DAC038EF.png_zpsynqkfjgy.jpg

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
So cool to hear the Mark Daniels interview. Never have I identified so much with a collector than Mark. From his love of the 'racetrack' design to his trading days during the dark times in the 90s, I think we are brothers from another mother. I just wished I was as skilled at him with design!

And congrats on the celebration news. Might even get a ticket now (held off as I HATE queuing). What day is it your doing your thing?

We will be having our table for all three days Jamie so be great to see you there.

Thanks for all the feedback lads, we really appreciate the comments after the shows.

decipher28

Padawan
Just discovered these podcasts.I commend the folks for making these.They have cracking content and very informative info.

My highlights are the interviews that bring out collectors personalities,and reveal even more tidbits of information that usually only come out in free flowing conversation.

Great work fellas.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Another great listen chaps. I played it all the way to the NEC and back on Saturday and the journey flew by; thank you :D

So much good to talk about and getting better every month, the Mark Daniels interview was my favourite part a close run thing though given the RF Fett interview too...

Not that it would have helped me in the car (!), but it would be great to have a thread (and I guess Facebook post) each month that is launched on the same day as the podcast showcasing a handful of images on each topic/subject that is discussed and any appropriate web links and music credits.

I already use the LA thread page numbers that Jez announces to take a look at the pieces being discussed while listening, but it would be really cool (using this month as an example) to have a couple of the Sublevel Studios prints, Images of the RF Fett find, a handful of Helix and of course a selection of VHS/Betamax/Laser Disc examples to look at while listening... Never heard of a C.E.D. before, easily found on Google of course, but what a complete package you guys could offer compared to anyone else out there!

Richard_H

Grand Master
Excellent feedback cheers guys.

It was a good size piece of cheesecake - I'm sure that was grants fault.
That's what we aim for with collectors and why our interviews are long. It's the personalities and extras they bring that make it more interesting than text based articles.
We do put images on our Facebook page. We aim for one image a day but if you think putting them all on is better in one go then it's not a problem.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Bugger why didn't I notice this last week, would have made a 24 hour flight a lot more bearable :lol: Grabbing now, like the way it now says how many downloads you've had on Podbean. Impressive stats :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just listening to the VHS section - not sure if you want to pass this info on, but the 1994 UK releases had the CBS Fox logo on the boxes. This is the set that rekindled my love with Star Wars :)

vhs.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
What an episode! Each one just gets slicker and slicker. The banter was at an unprecedented level as was the piss taking! Stu, the impressions during the casting scene were uncanny :lol:

Loved the enthusiasm of the video guy and it was really interesting. Great to hear some discussion around the Super 8 films. As per the LA thread I've got a growing collection of them now including some proof they were imported and sold over here as per this mail order catalogue request filled out at the time of purchase in 1979:

SW8.JPG

I also have a mystery reel that I picked up nearly 20 years ago that's ANH but it's longer than the longest one reportedly produced at around 600 feet or what should be around 30 mins. It certainly starts as ANH anyway, but as the reel is so big I can't confirm that it isn't some kind of edit of the two different 17 min film to make a longer one. I need a projector that can handle the reel and they seem to be hard to come by.

Keep it up lads, absolutely brilliant!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom