THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 22 LAUNCHED

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Stu, the impressions during the casting scene were uncanny :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Great show fellas, really liked the Nathan's video chat and went straight onto ebay to look up the prices of laserdisc players - very tempted... You guys are going to cost me a fortune, I bought a blaster after the discussion on the kid sized blasters. I'm very easily led

Also had no idea Mark was so old school, dealing in the 80s - quality!

Another cracking effort from everyone involved - now off to buy a death star sharpener

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Don't forget to leave a review on iTunes.

To celebrate our second birthday we will be giving away a free MOC.

More than likely a £100 voucher to spend with Iain (Itfciain).

We have no idea why iTunes reviews are requested, but we thought it would be easy for people to join in the fun.

Winner will be announced in next Episode.

We will be recording the next episode at the very start of April, So ensure you get your review in as soon as possible.

If you have left a review before, it will still be counted.

Good luck guys. :)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Edd- yeah the UK 1994 releases were amazing. I still have my copies as well. This oddballs focused on US releases, but I would love someone to come on a discuss UK releases. Remember spending my pocket money getting those videos.

Simon- I believe those are genuine releases. Craig Stevens discusses them in oddballs Episode 16. I have never seen them before, but real interesting history to home video of Star Wars in the UK. Released in the 1970's as well.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Following from Edd's post, here are some of the UK VHS releases. I'm going to have to do some research to see whats been missed pre-special edition.

1982- Star Wars VHS Rental
1984- ESB Betamax
1986- ROTJ Betamax

IMG_3534_zpseux5r5qs.jpg

1988- All Time Greats Collection

1988_zpski6mjw2h.jpg

1991- Widescreen Collection:

1991w_zpsjouvuujl.jpg

1994- Standard and Widescreen

1994_zpsqcliw8f3.jpg

1994w_zpsahdrgomy.jpg

1995- One Last Time

1995_zpsac5hptsr.jpg

1995w_zpsabjciala.jpg

SOJ

Sith Lord
The widescreen one last time version of a new hope has something no other version of the movie has. Greedo subtitles do not appear when he speaking to Han. This is the only VHS copy of the movie I held on to cause I thought for sure if would be worth a bomb one day lol.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Finally finished. I'd like to comment on what happened in the first half of the podcast, but I've forgotten already!

:p

Jason

Leon355

Padawan
Another superb show. Loved the Rocket Fett interview and Nathan's video tape history. That man can talk..! Always loved his Vintage Viewpoint sections on the SWAN podcast so good to hear him on your show. Looking forward to the next one.

jared007

Padawan
Just caught up on this episode, great stuff as usual.

I was actually expecting the home video collecting interview to be a bit dry, but I was really engaged with it the whole way through. Very interesting stuff!

Cheers, Jared.

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks for all of the feedback lads.
The latest episode's separate elements are all complete, all that remains is some magic and this should be downloadable on Sunday.
It's a cracker. But then again, i would say that!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom